ISO-100 WHEY PROTEIN MIX

Options
Ok please help. I just got a new type of protein mix to try.... It seems way WAAAYYYY too sweet... I make it with one scoop, 8oz milk and 1 cup ice....Has anyone out there used this mix? Am I doing something wrong?? Help anyone!?!?! I spent 60$ for two cans... I don't want to throw it away bit it's almost to sweet to even drink!!!! Ideas or advice please!

Replies

• jodieerickson1
    jodieerickson1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nope.. I'm a personal trainer and a Fitness Nutrition coach that is one of the best proteins to use and you're not doing it wrong you're doing it just right !..using milk adds a few more calories an a little more protein otherwise you can use water to but let me reassure you you are doing just fine :-).. by the way that is my favorite protein to use there is a birthday cake flavor in a fudge brownie flavor that is to die for! Enjoy!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    What you might be tasting (a new taste to you?) is sucralose and stevia both in the ingredients label.
    Consider buying products from stores.
    Always easy returns with your receipt. No questions asked.
  • Sexedee10
    Sexedee10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @jodieerickson1.... That's crazy cause those are the exact two flavors I got. I'm used to Splenda bit the past protein mixes I've used I never had that overwhelming sweet taste..... Oh well guess I'll need to get used to it. Not ganna waste the 60$
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I find they taste sweeter if I use regular milk--so I usually use water or unsweetened almond milk. I also add kale or spinach -adding bitter greens helps cut the sweet to me, and sometimes frozen berries. You can also try other combinations. I mainly do greens and berries because I don't want mine to be a full meal, but some people add oatmeal, bananas, nuts, nutbutters, etc. You can even add coffee or coffee frozen into ice cubes in the chocolate one and it is like a mocha and the bitterness of the coffee can cut the sweet.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Sexedee10 put it in smoothies. It'll add any sweetness you might want and the unsweetened frozen fruits (or whatever) will calm down the taste of the sugars. Some of those are definitely too much for me as well, but in a smoothie it works out okay.
  • Stefan_Bogdan
    Stefan_Bogdan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sexedee10 wrote: »
    Ok please help. I just got a new type of protein mix to try.... It seems way WAAAYYYY too sweet... I make it with one scoop, 8oz milk and 1 cup ice....Has anyone out there used this mix? Am I doing something wrong?? Help anyone!?!?! I spent 60$ for two cans... I don't want to throw it away bit it's almost to sweet to even drink!!!! Ideas or advice please!

well. Dymatize is one of the most popular brands of protein and supplements. but that doesn't make it the best .
    When you are done with these 2 cans co for Optimum Nutrition products . They are proven to be the best on the market.

do not mix it with mil because that makes it so sweet. plus milk will just add calories that you don't want. you can always put some lemon zest in the water that you are mixing it with but again that will also diminish the protein count because it will brake apart the protein structures for some of the types.

Do not throw it away.