My story and "during" pics :-)

Options
Hello all,
I just wanted to share my story because I'm pretty happy with my results. When I first started MFP back in May 2015, I was so unhappy with myself and my unhealthy lifestyle. I am 5'3 and was weighing right around 207 lbs. So I started my weight loss journey and ended up losing 27 lbs. August 2015, I found out I was pregnant. That was and has been the most rewarding/life changing time of my life. I had my baby boy Jan 16, 2016 at 34 weeks pregnant with HELLP syndrome which can be a life threatening condition for both mom and baby. Thankfully, they flew me to a hospital 3 hours away and delivered my baby and we are both safe and doing great.
Anyway, I needed to add that part about my pregnancy in order to get to the part about postpartum depression. After my baby was born, I was very depressed and am now on anti-depressants. Throughout all of this journey, I went back to eating very unhealthy when I was pregnant and after (cafeteria food, fastfood, and my biggest craving of sweets now that I am breastfeeding). We spent a month in the hospital NICU and now that I am home, I thought surely I hadn't lost any weight and gained a bunch more. Well, turns out that I was back down to 183 (about where I was when I found out I was pregnant). So I continued mfp after coming home from the hospital and I am down to 175 lbs. I am 6 lbs away from being considered "overweight" according to my BMI. So that's my smaller goal. My bigger goal is 150 lbs, and I am 25 lbs away. Once I get there, I'll re-evaluate and see if I should set another goal.

Although I still have a ways to go, I wanted to share my story in order to motivate others. Keep your eye on the prize and you'll reach your goals :-)
The things that have helped while on MFP....
1. Weigh and log all food and drinks accurately!
2. Exercise regularly and make it a routine even if it's only 10 min a day.
3. Don't feel embarrassed or like a failure if you have an occasional treat. Just log everything and try to stay under your calorie goal. Remember that there's nothing wrong with eating what you love, just eat less of it.
4. Drink water!!!!!
5. Don't focus so much on the scale because that can be very discouraging. Focus on other NSVs such as having more energy than before, loss of inches, etc.
6. Surround yourself with a positive support system (MFP friends are amazing support).
7. Don't restrict yourself or try any yo-yo diets. I know because i tried them and they never worked. Maybe they did for a short time, but I eventually gained the weight back and much more. Slow and steady wins the race!
8. DON'T GIVE UP and remember that you are doing this for YOU AND NO ONE ELSE! Remember it's about becoming a healthier you!

Here are my "before" pics and "during" pics...

Before:

8517_zpskgskbevb.jpeg~original

8526_zpsi06hreoj.jpeg~original

8510_zpsa8z9r3ao.jpeg~original

8498-1-1_zpsoorgv3bh.jpg~original

During:

20160326_095128-1_zps63obtutp.jpg~original

20160309_154638-1_zpswwle1dcr.jpg~original

Before & during:

2016-03-26%2010.10.47_zpsckremgzn.jpg~original

2016-03-26%2014.21.38_zpsqvpm72kp.jpg~original

Replies

• Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new adventure as a mother and with your weight loss. I am sure you will reach your goal. ;) You look great!
    Best wishes with your new little one and the post-partum issues. I dealt with that as well. It does get better.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Lucy1771 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your new adventure as a mother and with your weight loss. I am sure you will reach your goal. ;) You look great!
    Best wishes with your new little one and the post-partum issues. I dealt with that as well. It does get better.

Thank you so much for your kind words :-) I'm doing a lot better now especially being home at last with my little guy :-) I feel so much healthier and happier. It's amazing what a healthy lifestyle does for a person :-)
  • sadrac4683
    sadrac4683 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You are awesome
  • jodieerickson1
    jodieerickson1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lookin awesome girl! U got this!
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    Options
    sadrac4683 wrote: »
    You are awesome

Thank you so much :-)
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    Options
    Lookin awesome girl! U got this!

Thank you :-) I'm definitely super motivated :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!