What's your favorite black bean recipe?

Options
lnelson88
lnelson88 Posts: 64
I love black beans but most recipes I find are on the difficult/time consuming side. Any thoughts on simple, easy, yummy black bean recipes?

Replies

• Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Turkey black bean chili :)
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have one I put in the crockpot with chicken. I don't have it handy but if you friend me put crockpot/blackbean and I will send you the recipe later. :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I think beans in general are time consuming just because of the soaking and/or boiling time. I like to cook black beans, mash them up, and add them to ground turkey for some burgers =)
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    www.lesliesarna.com/2011/05/here-come-the-cookouts.html

This recipe is amazing. Not only can you use it to make burgers, but also you can use the left over burgers the next day, reheat and crumble them into a fajita, a taco, or onto a salad. The flavor that they have is amazing, and the recipe is incredibly adaptable.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Black Bean, Corn, and Shrimp Salad!!! it has sooo much flavor and tastes so amazing!!!
  • mrspattyann
    mrspattyann Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the one on the back of the Goya Black Bean can. Takes twenty minutes tops and it tastes delicious. One of my favorite meals.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Turkey black bean chili :)

Yum had some last night. Very good good. high protein low cal. and delish

I love just plain black beans with some jalapeno and cilantro cooked in.
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    1 can of black beans (drained), 1 can of Rotel, 1 can of corn (drained). I add diced onion and red pepper too. Served hot or cold, my husband and step-son LOVE it, but we like spicy.
  • Buckeye_Jenn
    Buckeye_Jenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I make a side with black beans, diced tomatoes (I use canned for both, just rinse the beans), garlic and a few dashes of hot sauce. Great with eggs in the morning or as a side with lunch or dinner.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I think beans in general are time consuming just because of the soaking and/or boiling time. I like to cook black beans, mash them up, and add them to ground turkey for some burgers =)

That does sound good!
  • CherylleeH
    CherylleeH Posts: 27
    Options
    I just made a recipe I found on Epicurious.com for Black Bean and Tomatoe Quinoa. I substituted fresh basil for the cilantro and it was Fantastic!!!
  • biminij99
    biminij99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I add okra. I know it sounds gross but it's SOOOOOO good and very nutritious.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Soup!

Black beans, diced tomatoes, fresh hot peppers, diced onion, and water and chilli powder + cumin to taste. A little fresh minced garlic is good too.

Delicious! As for proportions, just go with whatever your heart desires. I like to take half of the soup at the end and puree for a good mix of texture. A lot of other people I know like the whole thing pureed.

If you make it thick, this can even be a good dip!
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    bump
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Black beans, jalapeno, diced tomato, onion, cilantro, avacado and some lime juice... Black bean salsa :)

Goes great with tacos and enchiladas. Eggs in the morning. My ex would mash it up a bit and use as a dip with chips...
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I make this ALL the time because it's easy and so yummy (and if you make it with whole wheat tortillas - pretty healthy)! :smile:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean-and-corn-quesadillas/detail.aspx
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    www.lesliesarna.com/2011/05/here-come-the-cookouts.html

This recipe is amazing. Not only can you use it to make burgers, but also you can use the left over burgers the next day, reheat and crumble them into a fajita, a taco, or onto a salad. The flavor that they have is amazing, and the recipe is incredibly adaptable.

Ooooh, I'm going to have to try this! Looks like lots of other great receipes on this site as well! :)
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Ok found it!!!

Mexican Crockpot Chicken
    Ingredients
    2-3 chicken breasts
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can black beans
    1 can mexican chili beans
    (Do not drain tomatoes or beans)
    1 Package Taco Seasoning
    1 can black olives
    1 can chopped green chiles

Directions
    Layer chicken in bottom of crock pot. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order written. Do not stir. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Take out chicken and shred. Return chicken to crock pot and stir well. Serve with tortilla chips or on a flour tortilla. Serve with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese if desired. Extra ingredients are not included in nutritional facts.
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    Options
    These all sound AMAZING!!! Thanks sooo much! :happy: