How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Every day. Then I get my OCD on and plug it into a spreadsheet, which includes calorie intake and deficit, and general moods. :smiley:

Watching the trends and fluctuations is interesting and informative, and I love a good bar graph. I'm totally comfortable with the ups and downs, and I look for patterns. I've learned a bit about my body over the years and what happens with food, alcohol, mood swings, illnesses, etc.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and enter it on the happy scale app I have on my phone. I like to look at the fluctuations and the progress over time. I am a member on a popular weight loss site and enter my weight there once per week. My formal weigh-in day is on Mondays.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I do daily as well. It definitely helps keep me motivated. Always in the morning , after bathroom, naked. I record it on Wednesdays and Sunday's. Wednesday because that's to the week when I started here again, Sunday because that's always been my official weigh in day in my head. Lol

I also do it before my shower, before breakfast and naked. LOL Thought I was the only one.
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but I only record once a week. I've gotten super familiar with my body and I love it.
  • CLK63
    CLK63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    On the first of the month.
  • MrsSP66
    MrsSP66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Every day. Have done for 18mnths now it keeps me accountable but also I can see how much my weight fluctuates day by day based on exercise, fluid retention etc. It's not fat thats moving the scales so dramatically. It's a combination of inflammation after exercise. Water retention if I haven't been drinking enough my scales can swing 7lbs in a matter of 3 days. I take my average over a week to assess my overall gain / loss.
  • Veggonevegan
    Veggonevegan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh in (almost) every morning. I only log it when I have a weight that matches the previous weigh in or deficit. I chalk all the others up to water weight or other body issues. Today's a good day 6 oz lower than yesterday. I've got to celebrate the little steps.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • yari911
    yari911 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Once a week. After the morning "routine", before I get dressed and before breakfast. My weight fluctuates every day and all I really care about is, "Have I lost any weight this week"?

I agree,i weight myself once a week on fridays and thats my quote too ha,ha..."Have i lost any weight this week"?
  • eyeshinebright
    eyeshinebright Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Everyday after I use the washroom in the morning. There are ups and downs, but it's a general downward pattern. I log it into MFP sporadically, but mostly when I've lost a significant amount.
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Daily, knowing that weight fluctuates. I like to note patterns. I only log losses.
  • krazgrl
    krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Daily. It has helped to keep me accountable and I can really see how my body reacts to different changes - be it an indulgence or an extra work out. I weigh myself right after I first get up (after I use the restroom) in my birthday suit as I wait for the water to get hot for my shower. lol I make sure to pack the scale on my vacations as well. I do overall measurements about every 5-10lbs lost just to see how things are shaping up.
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not the best but I do it every day (mostly many times a day). My weight is changing during the day (as for everyone else) and I know what my "typical" weight should be in the morning, after toilet, at evening, after a big meal, alcohol etc ... So I always want to check my weight again and again and compare to previous numbers :D