Paleo Diet

Options
mocadet95
mocadet95 Posts: 75 Member
I'm currently starting the Paleo diet and wanted to know what people are eating and making for this diet. I'm looking for meals and recipe ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    The best paleo recipes are found on the first page of google results for "paleo recipes." Both Paleoleap.com and Nomnompaleo.com are great.

I'm not much for paleo anymore (I never felt that it made me feel any better, so I stopped caring) but I'm a fan of anything that can be made in bulk in a slow cooker so that I don't have to cook that often. Nomnompaleo has lots of slow cooker recipes if you scroll down.

But mostly my paleo meals consisted of steamed veggies and steak for dinner, and salads with grilled chicken for lunch.
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I went paleo and gained weight. So keep logging so you don't think of the diet as a magic pill. There are a lot of paleo cookbooks and sites.
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    paleonewbie.com is another one
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I don't do Paleo. I prefer my meat cooked, and cut into proper cuts, and I do not like rending meat from the carcass of my recent kills. I also don't have the time in the day to walk for 25 miles a day while gathering berries and gnawing on grasses and the like, waiting for the chance to jump into a hunt.
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I too gained weight from eating Paleo and developed kidney stones, so I stopped after a year. However, it did get me eating some dishes that I will continue to eat -- Cauliflower rice is amazing (you can google tons of recipes); sweet potato hashbrowns are good (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/19886925277/sweet-potato-hash-with-fried-eggs) and a pork shoulder thrown into the crockpot with shredded brussels sprouts, oregano, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil and cooked on low for 8 hours is delicious.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hey MoCadet, I've lost 12 lbs in 7 weeks using a basic Paleo protocol with a couple of simple modifications. Come take a look at my profile and you'll see what I do. As far as what I eat, a typical meal is 4 to 6 oz. of meat, 4 to 6 servings of usually raw vegetables (I will lightly steam some stuff - broccoli, etc.) and a healthy oil on the vegetables (olive, walnut, safflower, sesame, ghee). Breakfast is typically eggs and nitrite free beef bacon or sausage (I try to stay far away from pork; see profile), or all fruit (yes I can eat 500 calories of fruit!). I LOVE THIS DIET. I'm losing weight, I feel fantastic, and my previously stiff and painful arthritic right knee is so much better I can do squats again! Miracle....!!

Add me as a friend if I can help at all...

Eat well, breathe deep, get strong, feel good.
    60 is the new 40!

Vikinglander
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting and feeling overwhelmed, keep it simple with grilled meat, veggies, some healthy fats, and a small amount of starch/ fruit at your meal. I find its better to focus on the things I can eat (I have many food allergies and also follow the Paleo AIP), rather than trying to make copy-cat versions of the ones I can't eat.

If you're bored or want to try some new recipes, my favorite recipe blogs are Phoenix Helix and the Curious Coconut. They have tons of great recipes for the organ meat, as well as lots of basics.

PaleoMom, Meatified, The Domestic Man, and NomNom Paleo are other sites I use a lot, although some of them place quite a bit of focus on the Paleo treats and "substitutes" for the SAD junk food, so use your discretion.
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    mocadet95 wrote: »
    I'm currently starting the Paleo diet and wanted to know what people are eating and making for this diet. I'm looking for meals and recipe ideas. Thanks!

My husband and I are eating keto-paleo, my husband eats the fat bombs I prefer the sugar free pudding made with coconut almond milk from Silk as it has no carrageenan (cancer causing ingredient). This helps us stay on the diet. We eat a lot of stir fry veggies cooked in coconut oil, chicken but no breads and no sugars.
  • MissKeeleyMarie
    MissKeeleyMarie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did the Whole30 program and lost 16 pounds in 2 months. I stick to mostly paleo now as a choice. I have experienced boundless energy, great sleep, and now work out 5 days a week. I do still eat dairy and bread once in a while, I try to limit it to once or twice a week. Overall the diet allowed me to look at the quality of food I put in my body and make much better food choices, its an overall lifestyle change. Also I have experienced a reduction in inflammation, my stomach is flatter than it has ever been and that's enough for me!
  • Duroko
    Duroko Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    mocadet95 wrote: »

Paleoleap.com lol. I really enjoy the site and has great recipes.
  • sawaguespack
    sawaguespack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My diet basically already consisting of most of these food so it was a pretty easy transition for me. I usually eat eggs with turkey for breakfest and salads and lots of chicken for lunch and dinner. I have lost 7.5 in about 3 weeks since cutting out all processed foods. I also have had some cheat days so you can do it!