Thinking of reducing calories by 100?

Hi there, I was thinking of reducing my calories by a further 100 or so, the reason being I gained weight this week, I think my diet was not the best this week, I guestimated a couple things, I was over my calories by 78 some days etc. I was really frustrated today when I noticed the weight gain, I gained 5lb or so , I am sure most is water. I was thinking of reducing my calories by 100 then see if I loose next week.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    edited March 2016
    Try instead accuracy to correct the guestimating. Give accuracy a couple of weeks to give you solid information before cutting calories. Most of a sudden weight gain is water, and if you manage your sodium levels to be consistently at whatever your average is it will take a few days for your body to excrete the excess sodium which I assume happened recently. Don't panic.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Try instead accuracy to correct the guestimating. Give accuracy a couple of weeks to give you solid information before cutting calories. Most of a sudden weight gain is water, and if you manage your sodium levels to be consistently at whatever your average is it will take a few days for your body to excrete the excess sodium which I assume happened recently. Don't panic.

the guestimates were close though, I gained roughly 5lb in 1 week, I dont know why, my cardio was on point as well. I stuck with my cardio, I was thinking reduce by 100 is not a big number.
  • AsrarHussain
    I just checked my calorie intake for the week, I think I could have went maybe 500 for the whole week, which might explain the weight gain, I am now thinking of just sticking with the same calorie number and this time being more careful, it was small things that came out to a big number.
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    A pound is 3500kcal so it is more likely you were differently hydrated at weigh ins. I know if I weigh in morning after alcohol I am lighter even though I have consumed more kcals - opposite happens if I feel bloated. Log accurately, ignore random fluctuations and you will be fine.
  • Morglez
    Morglez Posts: 46 Member

the guestimates were close though, I gained roughly 5lb in 1 week, I dont know why, my cardio was on point as well. I stuck with my cardio, I was thinking reduce by 100 is not a big number.

Guessing is called guessing for a reason. You could still have consumed more calories than you thought. I agree with being more accurate in your logging before cutting calories. Also, like someone else said, it could just be a matter of you having too much sodium. I know it sucks to see a gain, but unfortunately it does happen.

Good luck to you this coming week!
  • AsrarHussain
    A pound is 3500kcal so it is more likely you were differently hydrated at weigh ins. I know if I weigh in morning after alcohol I am lighter even though I have consumed more kcals - opposite happens if I feel bloated. Log accurately, ignore random fluctuations and you will be fine.

I did drink lots of water the day before. I was hydrated
  • AsrarHussain
    Morglez wrote: »

Guessing is called guessing for a reason. You could still have consumed more calories than you thought. I agree with being more accurate in your logging before cutting calories. Also, like someone else said, it could just be a matter of you having too much sodium. I know it sucks to see a gain, but unfortunately it does happen.

Good luck to you this coming week!

Thank you