Redefining who I am.

Options
Hey all,
Last August my life flipped upside down when I discovered my wife was having an affair. For so long, life was about "us" to me, and never about me.

Thanks to great family and friends, I have been rediscovering who I am as a person. Previously I'd workout here and there and ate whatever. I was strong, but didn't look all too fit, holding body fat on my chest and belly.

In january, I decided to hit the gym like I used to in my college days, but this time I wanted to dial in my nutrition. Watching a few youtube fitness channels religiously led me to great workouts and a new way to eat in intermittent fasting.
IF and tracking my macros/calories has been such a game changer, both mentally and physically.
Since I started in january I have dropped about 25 lbs and am down to about 12 percent bodyfat....and counting.

Teasing on this board so far had helped to keep me inspired to keep going.

I am finally feeling like I know who "i" am. :)

I look forward to interacting with some cool people here!

Replies

• treeedoggg
    treeedoggg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Reading* not teasing. Haha
  • MeganSchuyler16
    MeganSchuyler16 Posts: 189 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My first husband cheated on me so I know what you're going through! I recently set aside those fears and married my best friend on the 4th of this month actually. Feel free to add me! That goes for anyone! Open diary and I'm on here daily. Just started last week and I've lost 4lbs already! I'm 26, 5'6", and have about 63lbs yet to lose!
  • carleeyuill
    carleeyuill Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow.. what a great story! Finding yourself really is the most amazing gift!
    Good luck!!
  • treeedoggg
    Options
    Thanks Carleey! I think having a great support group, career I love and determination are key in reaching my goals. The hardest part is passed me. I'll keep climbing!
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are determined and that is what is going to drive you to reach your goal. You might have started on this journey because of a horrible situation, but like you said now you can focus on you. By the way your dog looks a little like Scooby Doo.
  • bunniep385
    bunniep385 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm new to this site but not new to losing weight. After giving birth to my daughter my fiance cheated on me and I started to gain more than what I did when I was pregnant because I started getting low self esteem. I left him when my daughter turned 3 and just a year before I finished college. That was great but it was hard getting over him. I continued to gain and my stress level increased. My daughter is 9 now and yes I let a lot of time go by but I recently got a breast reduction almost a year ago because I was at a size K and ended up with of course back issues. The surgery was of course necessary I was 215 pounds and 5'7. The surgeon removed a little over 15 pounds combined. I'm back on track with eating and exercising right but to me I feel like its not coming off fast enough. It seem like you guys have a good system going. If there are any pointers you can give me let me know. I have a lot of people say I'm jst curvy but to me that is not the case. I want to be comfortable and fit with my body.
  • treeedoggg
    Options
    It seems like you are determined and that is what is going to drive you to reach your goal. You might have started on this journey because of a horrible situation, but like you said now you can focus on you. By the way your dog looks a little like Scooby Doo.

Thanks! And yes, Caesar gets that all the time. Haha
  • treeedoggg
    Options
    Rediscocery is so important. I did not have such a horrible situation occur to me,but I did see how my weight went up after getting married and now i am getting into eating real food and making sure i get back to my best version of myself in both body spirit and mind

Agreed darl! I used to just go with the flow....now I am creating my own way.
  • LaphroaigRules
    LaphroaigRules Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your ex! And congratulations on such amazing progress! The hodgetwins on YouTube are funny lol feel free to add me.
  • treeedoggg
    Options
    Xironrules wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your ex! And congratulations on such amazing progress! The hodgetwins on YouTube are funny lol feel free to add me.

I love the hodgetwins! Laugh and learn everytime!
  • runbabarun
    runbabarun Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sent you an FR. I love the determination!
  • treeedoggg
    Options
    runbabarun wrote: »
    Sent you an FR. I love the determination!

Thanks man, I am a man on a mission. Trying to apply this to all aspects of my life.