Lost my way need to get back on the horse.

Options
Any tips for getting back on track? Past four weeks have been a slippery slope and I need a good hard kick, how do you get back on the horse when you starting going down that slippy slope?

Replies

• hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just get back to it.. Don't mope around on wouldves could'ves and shouldves .. Start over ., no shame in that .. Good luck
  • MIGHTYMOUSE187
    MIGHTYMOUSE187 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just get right back to it don't get down on yourself!!
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Maybe set some of the logging reminders until it is habit again.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Put those four weeks in the past where they belong and start back at it. +1 for nagging logging reminders.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Take the focus off how losing weight is going to make you look. Instead, put it on how losing weight can help you improve your life.
    You know we are the worst critics, about how we mess up and not make things happen. Universal laws dictate if we give nothing, we get nothing. So GIVE time for yourself, don't settle for food that makes you feel like crap. Eat healthy things because you are worth it. Give yourself time to appreciate commitment. Start doing things that are good for you, because it feels good to do them. Pretty soon, you will feel if you don't do them, that there is something missing from your life. Life going for a walk at a certain time every day, or going to the gym. Habits have a way of growing on you.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Plan. Plan what you want to eat and start tomorrow. Leave those weeks behind you and get back to it, you can do it!
  • Vmama13
    Vmama13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Be positive say I love my body , I love myself an this journey will help me love even more.
  • mlstaubin
    mlstaubin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey lady!! I totally know what you mean! Would love to connect! I lost 45 pounds and have found some really good ways to stay on track and be accountable. I'll inbox you and save you as a friend
  • AylaStryder
    AylaStryder Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    mlstaubin wrote: »
    Hey lady!! I totally know what you mean! Would love to connect! I lost 45 pounds and have found some really good ways to stay on track and be accountable. I'll inbox you and save you as a friend

Thanks, Accepted and responded!

I really need to get in the habit of weighing and logging again, as well as drinking more water, I've just fallen back into the old bad habits. :(
  • krystal193
    krystal193 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don’t know anyone who isn’t looking for more motivation to stick to their weight loss goals. Which is why I always tell people about Bounts. It provides an extra challenge/incentive for me to meet my goal on a daily basis.

1. Track your steps and exercise to qualify for Bounts points and credits.
    2. Save your Bounts points and redeem them for gift cards.
    3. Use your credits for the Reward Wheel and spin to win bonus points and prizes.
    4. There are additional challenges too, like “Log 7,000 steps for 5 days this week and earn 20 bonus points!”

Please inbox me, Ayla, and let me know if you decide to sign up. I’d love to help you keep focused… and maybe get a few reminders in return. lol ;) You can add me on MFP.
    If you have a Fitbit you can send me a Fitbit friend request.
    And you can also add me as a friend on Bounts. If you use the referral code Chastain1335 at www.Bounts.it when you sign up you will get 100 points after you do your first activity.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I applaud all those who simply stated "just get back on it" and can do just that. Easier said than done for others. How I got back on track was to remind myself WHY I am trying to get healthier. What I have to gain from being healthier. I am a former firefighter and police officer. I have one adult son graduating from sheriff academy in April and another son aspiring to be a firefighter like his ole man was years ago. It would seem kind of hipacritical for me to preach to my boys how important it is for them to be in shape for the rigors of the professions they have chosen and not be willing to lead by example. I want to live to see them fulfill their dreams :)
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Each time I lose my way I learn something from it, so I try to focus on how to turn that negative into something positive that I can use towards my eventual success. Each time I get off track it's been shorter and shorter, so I feel like I'm doing something right. I'm coming back from it faster and faster and staying on that horse for longer and longer. I have accepted that this is a learning process and I no longer look at it as starting over, but just continuing on over the bumps and hurdles we all encounter along the way.
  • Candace212
    Candace212 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Easter completely hurt me! I am obsessed with my scale though... So when I saw that my poor choices over 3 days ruined all of my hard work from the 3 previous weeks, it lit a fire!
    Just remind your self what your doing this for! Stay positive!