Easy as possible Boneless, skinless, chicken breast.

Options
Lukio1981
Lukio1981 Posts: 14 Member
Hi. Looking for low carb, low fat ideas that are auick and easy.. Or crock pot..

Replies

• MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    chicken breast and a jar of salsa. Perfect for salads or tacos.

I also like to make a white chicken chili in the crock pot. Basically its just pinto, great northern and black beans. chicken breast, chicken broth, can of green chili's and seasonings. So good!!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    -Greased baking pan, chicken, olive oil or olive oil spray, salt, pepper, onion powder, fresh lemon juice and oregano
    -Cover w foil; bake on 300 for 30-40 min... (So chicken will stay moist)
    -Uncover- turn heat up to 350-400 degrees
    -Take out whenever you like!
  • Jacob1020
    Jacob1020 Posts: 115 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Skillet On! Tbsp of olive oil and heat. season chicken ( salt & pepper ) cut whole garlic bulb in half & face down into heated oil, throw fresh rosemary into same pan infusing flavours into oil. Chicken IN! Cook. 4 minutes both sides! Add nob of butter and baste chicken in flavored oil & butter mixture! Take Out & Rest! throw mushrooms into pan, serve with cauliflower mash. Chicken & cauliflower mash .. DONE! .. Now in the words of Gordan Ramsay "*kitten* Off"
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    -Greased baking pan, chicken, olive oil or olive oil spray, salt, pepper, onion powder, fresh lemon juice and oregano

this but I like mine rubbed with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, paprika and salt and pepper

or
    MamaFunky wrote: »

I also like to make a white chicken chili in the crock pot. Basically its just pinto, great northern and black beans. chicken breast, chicken broth, can of green chili's and seasonings. So good!!

I do chicken breast or tender a jar of salsa and taco seasoning packet for salads or tacos. I've also just put a bunch of chicken in low sodium chicken broth then I shred it, drain it and separate it out into similar serving sizes and use it in multiple things--salads, wraps, veggie stir fry, etc...
  • Jacob1020
    Jacob1020 Posts: 115 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    aub6689 wrote: »

this but I like mine rubbed with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, paprika and salt and pepper

or
    MamaFunky wrote: »

I do chicken breast or tender a jar of salsa and taco seasoning packet for salads or tacos. I've also just put a bunch of chicken in low sodium chicken broth then I shred it, drain it and separate it out into similar serving sizes and use it in multiple things--salads, wraps, veggie stir fry, etc...

My goodness you are beautiful! @ aub6689
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I make mine several different ways, here is last nights variation:

1 (3 ounce) chicken piece (I used a thigh)
    1 ounce plain Greek yogurt
    Lemon juice to taste
    Various herbs (use your favorites)

Mix the yogurt, lemon juice and herbs. Coat the chicken with it and bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Brine overnight in a salt/brown sugar solution. Grill....
  • acoytoy
    acoytoy Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Spray non stick oil (no calorie) I use olive oil spray in a pan and place chicken breast in pan seasoned with johnnys, lemon pepper or garlic/garlic salt. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side and add 1/4 cup of water at a time if it gets too dry. Chicken comes out super moist. Good to save and have the next day cold on top of salad or have for dinner with steamed veggies.
  • nicole_wolfe7
    nicole_wolfe7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lukio1981 wrote: »
    Hi. Looking for low carb, low fat ideas that are auick and easy.. Or crock pot..

Guisada de carna

3 chicken breasts, 1 c tomato sauce, 2 c chicken broth, minced garlic, onion, garlic and onion powder, cumin, hot new Mexico chili powder, cayenne, kosher salt, pepper, paprika, and 2 jalepenos. Cook on high 4 hrs in crock pot.

Its healthy, super easy, and tastes delicious. I put it on a mission whole wheat low carb soft taco size tortilla, add a T of plain greek yogurt, and hot sauce.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If you use a cut with more natural fat, you'll get more flavor without having to "doctor" it with sauces, etc ...

I can eat a thigh right off the grill / from the skillet with just a dash of a mccormack's blend like molasses bacon or brown sugar bourbon ... and something like that is a staple for me. If I go with a white meat cut, I end up having to sauce it, and the net cals/fats are higher than the dark meat .... and the dark meat is less expensive to boot.

Crock pot I'd likely make a chili or chowder ... for your low fat requirement, something like:

1 lb. Chicken thigh, baked/broiled then shredded
    2 bags Santa Fe blend veggies ( local market has a frozen blend of corn, black beans, green and red peppers ) ( 1.5-2lbs )
    3-4 cups chicken stock ( to desired consistency )
    Season according to personal tastes.

Set on low for 1+ hrs to meld flavors ( setup before going out to gym, ready when you return ? )
    Split into 4 servings
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    If you are cooking it in a skillet, I recommend butterflying the chicken breast (cut it in half width-wise) and sauteeing it with whatever veggies you like. It cooks quickly and evenly that way and I think has a better texture/flavor.
  • Lukio1981
    Lukio1981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Rub some spices on it and put it in the oven. You decide what spices you like.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Put chicken breasts in crock pot, add chicken broth to cover breasts about 1/2 way. Cook 4-8 hours. Take breasts out of broth, fork pull breasts, add salsa and green chilies for tacos or BBQ sauce for BBQ chicken sandwiches. Save some of the chicken and all of the broth, then on another day, add vegetables, broth and chicken to the crock pot and cook a few hours for soup.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Put chicken breasts in crock pot, add chicken broth to cover breasts about 1/2 way. Cook 4-8 hours. Take breasts out of broth, fork pull breasts, add salsa and green chilies for tacos or BBQ sauce for BBQ chicken sandwiches. Save some of the chicken and all of the broth, then on another day, add vegetables, broth and chicken to the crock pot and cook a few hours for soup.

^^This
    Penzey's taco seasoning sprinkled over chicken breasts in crock pot. Add a 12.5 oz can low sodium chicken broth. 1 can diced jalapeno peppers. Cook on low 5-6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks. Back in crock pot for 30-45 minutes. Use for tacos or salad topping.

Boneless skinless chicken breasts. 1 package dry ranch dressing. bottle of Frank's buffalo wing sauce.
    cook on low in crock pot for 5-6 hours. Shred with two forks. Serve on buns with blue cheese crumbles or as salad topping

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Let it sit in some honey mustard and bake. Delicious.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I make this recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-tikka-masala-25587, but leave out the heavy cream and instead use light coconut milk which shaves the calories drastically. I also leave out the jalepeno because I'm a huge wimp, and it's already incredibly spicy. It may not be quick, but it makes 4 servings and freezes really well.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    This is the best marinade for grilled chicken. I marinate a bunch for 2 days, then grill it and keep it in the fridge to go with anything and everything.

Greek dressing

1/2 cup olive oil
    1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
    1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
    1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
    1-1/4 teaspoons salt
    1-1/4 teaspoons onion powder
    1-1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    3/4 cup red wine vinegar*

*The vinegar, I put 1/4 cup and then adjust to taste. 3/4 is too much for me. Sometimes I mix in some balsamic too.
  • Roseslady2
    Roseslady2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We use the George Foreman and put BBQ sauce on the chicken every minute of cooking. It only takes about 30 minutes to cook 5 lbs of chicken this way.