Help Me Out

Options
Chrissy100883
Chrissy100883 Posts: 22 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hello,
I'm in need of some serious motivation and or advice.

I'm an Agoraphobic Hypochondriac (yeah i'm willing to admit it) with Severe anxiety issues. I have to take two sedatives in order to get through my 40 hour work week in a kitchen and i still suffer from Panic attacks (which effect me mentally and physically). I go to one cosplay event a year and it causes me much distress. Last year the day before i was sent to the hospital because of a panic attack and i fear the same thing will happen this year if i'm not careful. I enjoy my hobby and don't want to give it up!
I am unable to travel long distances or on the highway due to my anxiety carsickness, and vertigo. I'm only 24 years old! I struggle to get to the gym and when i'm there i tend to shy away from open spaces with a lot of people.
I've been to a TON of doctors and all they could say was i have anxiety, maybe irritable bowel, and perhaps Vertigo.

I'm 175 pounds with my highest being 180.
My body fat percentage was 38 but now it's 40% from the last time i weighed myself, despite obvious muscle gain in my legs and arms.
I will be frank. I hate my body. I hate that i can't travel, and i hate that i'm lonely because of these things.
People have told me i have to get angry at myself and that will motivate me, but i can't get mad. All i can do is sit in a room and cry or try not to cry at work.

I have a routine at The Edge fitness and see a trainer once a month. He's helping me build muscle but Cardio is my trouble. I can't jog more than a minute without shortness of breath and feeling ill. Walking 45 minutes will make me dizzy and also ill. I have not been on a solid diet and i have no energy to cook myself food so i eat what i can at work and what my mom cooks (living at home to save money). My medication right now should knock a person out, but i'm working up an immunity to it and i'm on the highest dosage i can be without worrying people. I go to the gym when i have energy. And because i take sedatives i don't have much.

I don't normally go and ask people for help because i feel i will let them down. I've been told to drink smoothies and so many other things and i've tried it for maybe a few weeks or days and given up. My own friends have even given up on me. Without constant surveillance and actually putting good food in front of me, i will not stick by my diet and i can't afford to go to a wellness camp. At least not for more than a week, if there are any even that can help me.

What do i want? I want to feel good in how i look, i want to feel good period. I want my conditions to go away or at least lessen to where i can travel on the highway again and actually have a social life. I want to be a normal young lady and enjoy my golden years but i can't. My support system at home is weak despite what they say and my friends just don't really care much about anything but themselves apart from a few exceptions. I'm afraid to reach out to the ones that still care.

So can someone give me advice? Maybe how they got through their issues, or maybe some hope that i can get better.
Three years ago i made a goal to reach 130. I got sick and lost 20 pounds in 2 months and gained it all back.
If there are tips on how to motivate yourself to go on the treadmill or maybe a quick eating trick. Anything.

Thank you.

Replies

• mlstaubin
    mlstaubin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I would love to connect! I lost 45 pounds. I will inbox you and save you as a friend I'm here.
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I have panic disorder with agoraphobia. Exercise helps me tremendously. Even just 20 mins a day makes a huge difference emotionally. Still, it's difficult to make myself do it, and I turn to food as a comfort instead. I'm hoping to change that now. It's time to feel and look good!
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You could be my twin. I don't work or get out of my home coz I am convinced I'll get assaulted or killed in a road rage. But counselling and taking my meds have eased my depression and anxiety, I only get out of the house to exercise,stock up on groceries and rent books from library. Maybe you should change your shrink some one who talks and lets you talk rather than someone who just prescribes drugs. Diet wise, get more fruits and vegetables in. It will go a long way in healing you from inside out.
  • Chrissy100883
    Options
    I'm currently in that limbo of: "If i don't take medication, i can't work. If i can't work, i won't get money. If i don't have money, i will be a broke loser who lives with her parents and will never know the joys of owning my own house or have freedom."
    So i force myself out on my days off. On some days i just want to stay in bed but if i don't go out i could very well have a panic attack going into work the next day. so my medication is NEEDED. I want to get off of it. I've been to so many doctors and none of them could really help me out. I've been to 4 different shrinks and now i see a psychiatrist for medication.
  • Chrissy100883
    Options
    You could be my twin. I don't work or get out of my home coz I am convinced I'll get assaulted or killed in a road rage. But counselling and taking my meds have eased my depression and anxiety, I only get out of the house to exercise,stock up on groceries and rent books from library. Maybe you should change your shrink some one who talks and lets you talk rather than someone who just prescribes drugs. Diet wise, get more fruits and vegetables in. It will go a long way in healing you from inside out.

I can't even go to the grocery store without being overwhelmed. My anxiety is physical and can cause me to become dizzy and feel like i'm losing control of my bowels. I'm really picky about what fruits and veggies i eat too. i have to get a diet plan and incorporate them in. My therapist talks to me and tries to give me advice about controlling my anxiety that works on OTHER types of anxiety. I know. I taught my friend and she's doing much better but i'm getting worse. the other doctor gives me meds because i need them for work. I'm not afraid of being killed or assaulted. I'm afraid of throwing up in public, passing out, or losing control of my bodily functions.
  • Chrissy100883
    Options
    I can relate. I have panic disorder with agoraphobia. Exercise helps me tremendously. Even just 20 mins a day makes a huge difference emotionally. Still, it's difficult to make myself do it, and I turn to food as a comfort instead. I'm hoping to change that now. It's time to feel and look good!

I FEEL YOU. When i have junk food at hand i will gorge my feelings. and it sucks! I've had chicken nuggets at 1am after work because i just craved them. my cravings are out of control. and my mom doesn't help buy saying she craves things and buys junk items i love.
    I'll have to try cardio for 20 minutes. I go to the gym about an hour a day when i can and i still feel awful.
  • Chrissy100883
    Options
    mlstaubin wrote: »
    Hey girl! I would love to connect! I lost 45 pounds. I will inbox you and save you as a friend I'm here.

Would you be willing to explain the process you used to lose that weight for me? I can't seem to grasp the idea of diet. There's a lot and none of them make sense to me.