Fitting into a dress for an event... In two weeks

Options
I'm in a performance group and we all wear the same dresses. I switched birth control 2 months ago and it caused me to gain weight, particularly I went from a C cup to a DD...
I have two weeks and a day to get into this dress. It zips half way up my back and then it has like a 1-2 inch gap. I already contacted a seamstress and she's trying to help me. I also started diet and exercise today. Low calorie, low carb, low sugar. I'm going to aim to get about an hour a day of exercise? Any other tips? I wondered if a wrap of some sorts would be helpful just to tighten up my hips/belly the day before the event? The main thing is just losing an inch or two so I can get this dress on.

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Well you certainly have your work cut out for you, and you will get lots of responses here.

The only thing I have to add is - low sodium, and invest in some Spanx.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    A couple of inches in two weeks, it does not sound feasible.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I would try wearing a smaller bra or binding to pull your chest in a bit.
  • rebelriesling_
    rebelriesling_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you do some core strengthening work with cardio for fat burning you might lose an inch or two if your macros are spot on. Also make sure you have a bra that properly fits (I know this might sound silly and/or obvious but it will help)!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I'm in a performance group and we all wear the same dresses. I switched birth control 2 months ago and it caused me to gain weight, particularly I went from a C cup to a DD...
    I have two weeks and a day to get into this dress. It zips half way up my back and then it has like a 1-2 inch gap. I already contacted a seamstress and she's trying to help me. I also started diet and exercise today. Low calorie, low carb, low sugar. I'm going to aim to get about an hour a day of exercise? Any other tips? I wondered if a wrap of some sorts would be helpful just to tighten up my hips/belly the day before the event? The main thing is just losing an inch or two so I can get this dress on.

You're on your way to possibly passing out at some point with this combination.

I'd say go low carb for the immediate fix, but then make some actual lifestyle changes.
  • mmovesian
    mmovesian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake and stay hydrated! Also take note of any foods that might cause you to bloat and avoid those shortly before. For me that would be beans, cruciferous vegetables, and too much dairy. You may have different sensitivities though. Any chance a corset-style back could be incorporated somehow into the dress?
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    mmovesian wrote: »
    Watch your sodium intake and stay hydrated! Also take note of any foods that might cause you to bloat and avoid those shortly before. For me that would be beans, cruciferous vegetables, and too much dairy. You may have different sensitivities though. Any chance a corset-style back could be incorporated somehow into the dress?

Agree stay hydrated. Especially the day before, drink a TON of water to flush your system out. Maybe even eat really light the day before, and like the above poster said, avoid foods that cause you to bloat (this will vary based on personal experience). If there is a specialty bra store in your area maybe they can help. It's possible a bra that is small/uncomfortable to wear under normal circumstances might smush/spread your chest a little and overall make the circumference less.

Also agree with what the person said above, spanx. I mean you could lose 2-4 lbs in two weeks and it might still not be enough to remove inches. I lost weight before I lost inches, though some people lose inches before they lose weight.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Drop wheat! All of it. (See Wheat Belly diet) I lost the pudgy parts quickly and continue to live by this lifestyle. I'm down 40 lbs now and if I ever eat wheat... I get bloated beyond belief.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I assume that dropping a few pounds is going to keep you in a healthy weight zone.

Your plan sounds OK. Make sure to get enough protein and stay hydrated.

This is one of the few occasions where those silly wrap things actually make sense. Years ago I used them in a similar situation...as long as you need to effect to only last for a couple of hours, it might work.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

The thing is you might lose a couple of pounds in 2 weeks but not lose many inches where you need it.
    Your chest is the biggest issue? Try a minimizer bra?
    For weight loss calories are most important but if there are foods that cause you to bloat you would want to avoid those. Watch your sodium intake.
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My chest is definitely the biggest issue. I've been just wearing a stick on bra but perhaps binding or spanx would help. I'm currently dieting and then tomorrow i am going to the seamstress, and after talking with her I'll have a better idea of where I'm at.
  • shadowharuka
    Options
    Also, I can't wear any sort of bra where the straps show.
  • shadowharuka
    Options
    And yes losing weight wouldn't be an unhealthy thing for me to do anyways, I am a little overweight.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Also, I can't wear any sort of bra where the straps show.

A good strapless bra might be part of the solution. Look for one that says "minimizer." You could also look for a convertible bra with a variety of options for the straps. Some of those come with clear straps too...not an option that I like for everyday wear, but if you are on stage, they won't be very visible.

Frederick's of Hollywood has some good choices for special types of bras, and their quality/durability is really good for the price. I don't perform anymore, but I do a lot of social dancing. Having a strapless, a convertible and a plunge in your closet is a good investment--the ones that I have from Frederick's have really worked well and lasted for a long time.