Q about Weider Stevia

Options
ch178
ch178 Posts: 364 Member
I have been looking for Stevia and they only two brands I can find in my town are Weider and Equate. I've tried to do some research and have found out that some brands of Stevia are more of an extract than the real thing. Does anyone know if the Weider brand is an extract or the real deal?

Thanks

Replies

• MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Isn't and extract an extracted portion of the real thing?
  • ch178
    Options
    Well what others had told me was the ones that say extract have a bit of stevia in it and then are bulked up with other products, so you aren't getting just stevia
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    An extract of stevia is actually stronger than just the powdered stevia. For example the powdered stevia is abou 200 times sweeter than sugar, where as the extract can be as much as 3000 times stronger than stevia. When you look at the boxes look at the ingredient list. If there are extra things besides stevia, then start to worry.

I use Stevia in the Raw myself and it's my favorite because it's just pure stevia leaves. I don't like junk added to my stuff.
  • ch178
    Options
    An extract of stevia is actually stronger than just the powdered stevia. For example the powdered stevia is abou 200 times sweeter than sugar, where as the extract can be as much as 3000 times stronger than stevia. When you look at the boxes look at the ingredient list. If there are extra things besides stevia, then start to worry.

I use Stevia in the Raw myself and it's my favorite because it's just pure stevia leaves. I don't like junk added to my stuff.

Great thanks, I hadn't gotten a chance to look at the ingredients when I saw it at the store so I wasn't sure
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I tried to find the ingredient lists for both products and came up with zilch. I can't help you on that end, but if you report in with the ingredients I can help you from there.
  • ch178
    Options
    I tried to find the ingredient lists for both products and came up with zilch. I can't help you on that end, but if you report in with the ingredients I can help you from there.

Thanks so much, I'll take a look when I get back to the store
  • tristajanelle
    Options
    I use Truvia. Has a great taste! My local Wal-Mart has it as most grocery stores do.