I'm new But I'm Not

Options
jzancola
jzancola Posts: 17 Member
Hi
I have been using this app off and on for a few years. The problem is I lie to the app . Not intentionally usually but a lie is a lie.
I never thought that the community would be much help but maybe I'm wrong. After reading a few members accomplishments I have decided to give it an honest try. This is day #2 so wish me luck .
Thank you.

Replies

• faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    None of us like that red negative calorie number on some days, but it's so much easier to stay encouraged if you're honest with yourself (and MFP). This is my third attempt at MFP and I'm finally being honest with myself, and it's working. Not as fast as I'd like, but it's still going in the right direction.
  • jzancola
    jzancola Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well I’m back to the community. I use the app off and on regularly the problem has always been getting the mind set. Every day is a reset to the point that the depression makes you give up. Well today is day #2 again !
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Forgive yourself. Let this be the last time you start this journey. You're worthy of being healthier.

Good luck with your journey!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if this will help, but I’ve also been using the app for 6 years or so, off and on, with varied success. Lost what I needed, had health issue, put some back on. Lost again, different health issue...rinse and repeat!

I’ve always found I have to get my head in the ‘zone’ or ‘catch the wave’ in order to be successful. This time out I decided to get involved in the community aspect of the app (I’m usually social media/forum averse) but I am absolutely ‘locked in’ this time since I started reading and using the forums.

Call it anonymous accountability or belonging or whatever you like, it’s definitely keeping me engaged!

• dailly6811
    dailly6811 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know what I have to do without using this app, however this app is so much more than just counting calories. It's support, it's a reminder that we are not alone in trying to look after our health and make better choices. It doesn't judge, it's about being true to yourself. Also we can a laugh along the way with some wonderful characters from all over the world. Good luck on your journey 🤗