Favourite Quest Bar flavour?

Options

Replies

• KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough, cinnamon and apple pie in that order. I eat at least one Quest bar per day, usually for breakfast. BTW I recently tried the pumpkin and it's horrible. I usually love pumpkin anything so I bought a whole box without trying one. Mistake!
  • sammieyem
    sammieyem Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've really liked the chocolate peanut butter one lately
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I HATE HATE they changed the formula. I am going through withdrawal I miss the old taste. They have a weird texture and are I can never eat more than one anymore. (I guess not a bad thing LOL they were addicting, used to eat 5 a day)

Old formula: Cinnamon roll, white chocolate raspberry, cookie dough, cookies n cream, double chocolate, apple pie in that order were my FAVORITES

New formula: cookies n cream, apple pie, cookie dough and cannot stomach the rest they just aren't that good

have you tried the 3rd formula ones? They are leaps and bounds better.

Yes I recently caved and bought them again to give them one last try because I miss them SOOO MUCH. I bought directly from quest but they just weren't the same. They were better, yes, but are missing "something" a taste I cannot really pinpoint that made me crave and love them. I will probably still eat them occasionally, but they aren't good enough to eat multiple a day every day anymore like they were. They used to be FABULOUS. lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I was wondering when you were going to show up Noreen, our resident Quest bar expert :+1::lol:
    LOL you know me, I cannot resist commenting on every quest thread :D . I am going through massive withdrawal and cravings though now. Probably a good thing they changed the formula because it is not normal to eat so many bars a day hahaahha
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    all the ones i've tried have been absolutely flipping awful and have left me in a pit of despair, wondering how so many people could have lied to me about how great they are with such a straight face!

that said, the smores one tasted the least like toxic waste.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    MissSusieQ wrote: »
    all the ones i've tried have been absolutely flipping awful and have left me in a pit of despair, wondering how so many people could have lied to me about how great they are with such a straight face!

They didn't lie, the old recipe was 10000x better. trust me, I used to eat 5 a day for over a year. Now I don't eat anymore.
  • glow_worm_eyes
    glow_worm_eyes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    All of them!!! I love them all!!! Especially the raspberry white chocolate.
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    TuesdayMarch01st2016 Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

They didn't lie, the old recipe was 10000x better. trust me, I used to eat 5 a day for over a year. Now I don't eat anymore.

When did they change this recipe because I tried a couple, a couple of years ago & they reminded me of Yoplait yogurt because no matter what flavor it is, the taste of the base (plain) before the flavor is added; is overpowering enough to make all the flavors taste the same? It's like you can only taste a hint of flavor, beyond the base product; barely even that much.
  • DHLFITNESS25
    DHLFITNESS25 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I never even knew they redid the recipes this much lmao...they still all taste good to me, havent even noticed a change
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Mint chocolate... it isn't even close.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I used to really like chocolate chunk and cookie dough. Cookie dough was one of the two free sample bars I received a few months back. It tasted stale.
  • liftzilla16
    liftzilla16 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I used to really like chocolate chunk and cookie dough. Cookie dough was one of the two free sample bars I received a few months back. It tasted stale.

That's funny that you say that, I had this EXACT same experience. Loved cookie dough and then had it one day a few months ago and it was just totally off. A couple weeks after that, I read a post by Quest apologizing for the recent taste of their bars. Apparently they tried changing their recipe, but since so many people didn't like it, they posted to apologize and let everyone know they were changing it back. Thought that was super cool of them, and I haven't had any issues with the flavors since then!
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cookies & Cream and Mixed Berry Bliss are my two favourites. The latter especially seems under-appreciated.

I also had no idea they reformulated them.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    fjellrev wrote: »
    Cookes & Cream and Mix Berry Bliss are my two favourites. The latter especially seems under-appreciated.

I also had no idea they reformulated them.

I think the Mix Berry Bliss (and the mint one) are the only two I haven't tried. Oh and the pumpkin. I'm not a big fan of berries, mint or pumpkin (except pumpkin bread is kinda good).
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I'd like the Mixed Berry Bliss as it sounds boring, so it was basically the last one I tried, but I am pleasantly surprised.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie dough microwaved 12 seconds or baked in oven for a few minutes. #noguiltpleasure
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    depends. double chocolate chunk was my favorite before the new formula kicked in. then after they started the NEW new formula, it was my favorite again - only the newest ones taste bland and less chocolately, so i'd say now it's apple pie, which doesn't taste like apple pie but is yummy.
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Seriously these stupid things are the biggest lie on all the fitness websites/forums/blogs
    They are all pretty bad, some are just less bad in my opinion. Their protein powder tastes good though.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I just ordered some off Amazon and I don't know if it's the redone bad version or the re-redone better version. They taste fine (mint chocolate, double chocolate chunk - my faves) but they are, well, oily?? I nuked the mint chocolate one for 10 seconds on a paper towel and when I picked it up it left a oily mint-green spot on the paper towel and the bar itself felt oily. It didn't agree with me either, but that could have been psychological. I'll have to eat a few more to see if maybe it was a one off.

But anyway my fave is double chocolate chunk
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »
    double chocolate chunk.

This and the S'mores are my two favorites.