Top heavy girls - help

Options
Hi all, okay ladies in the UK or worldwide does anyone know of a decent place to get fitness "scaffolding" I'm currently a 34H and I'd love to be able to jog/run as I've got my stamina up by doing 1000 calories a day on my exercise bike / walking the dogs / landscaping but jogging/running is out of the question at present.

My 34H's are natural too so they are heavy and a real pain when it comes to fitness gear (currently wear a tight boobtube to work out in, not good)

So if anyone knows of anywhere that goes up to ridiculous sizes that'd be great.
I don't mind ordering abroad if they ship to UK and as I'm desperate price isn't too much of an issue either. Thanks xx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber are supposed to be good
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just wanted to put a plug in for the reddit thread "A Bra That Fits". Those ladies could probably help you out. (I'm top-light, so no experience with this particular situation, but the r/abrathatfits is pretty much the compendium of all current knowledge about bras in general)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30FF - Panache and Freya sports bras are amazing.
  • fifimcd
    fifimcd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber for exercising, bravissimo for general. Try brastop.com for cheaper (if you don't mind last season ;-) )
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    32G, commenting to absorb advice (my latest sportsbra was so bad that I injured my neck during cardio).
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 34G and love my Freya sports bra (you can get it on Amazon) just ordered another brand Glamorise(also available on Amazon) it seems to do the job but not as well as Freya but was cheaper

Do some research online there are some brands that recommended shifting your size when getting sports bras.... If you have Nordstrom in UK you could check them out that's where I got my Freya bra
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Hiyah. Bravissimo.com they also have branches incase you want a fitting. The large dept stores like john lewis will stock your size, also brastop. I like the panache sports bra.
  • katej37
    katej37 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Brastop.com do shock absorber bras - love that website! I'm a 34G/GG now. Go up a band size on the shock absorber though is my advice. x
  • eponymoose
    eponymoose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am currently at 34HH and have run off and on for several years. The best bra I've found is the panache sports bra. It's actually underwired which makes a huge difference I find. The wires are padded so they don't dig in.

I had a shock absorber which was fine too but I prefer the panache. I suppose it's like everything, you'll find what works for you but there are definitely options out there.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I really love my Wacoal sports bra. I have it in a 32E. This is the one I have and it's awesome. http://www.amazon.com/Wacoal-Womens-Underwire-Sport-Bra/dp/B001ULCBG4
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
  • jjburger77
    jjburger77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love my Moving Comfort Maia sports bra. I have 5 or 6 since I workout/run 5-6 days of the week.
  • insearchofcheese
    insearchofcheese Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    42H to 36G and I've always used Enell. They're expensive but last forever and are totally worth the price. I'm a runner and they keep everything pretty firmly in place.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...you don't look very top-heavy in your picture.

The only thing that works for me is a sturdy regular bra and a shaper top. That helps to distribute the shock and makes things much more comfortable. I can't run or do dance fitness any other way.

The brand that I like is Self Expressions by Maidenform...not sure what the UK equivalent might be:
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »

Agreed. I broke down and finally tried Enell after hearing about them for years. Now I don't wear anything else... ever. NO UNDERWIRES and they give amazing support and are comfortable. I ride horses and bounce is a big issue for me. I am a G in regular sizes. Enell does have a different sizing and fit chart so you do need to measure yourself for them.
  • Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Go to www.lessbounce.com (uk) - that site was made for you!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    32G and loooove my shock absorber, freya, and panache. But now I'm interested in the enell from the posts here!
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Figleaves.com is my boob savior. They're even a UK site so shipping will be speedy. Each bra has reviews and ratings to help you out.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...you don't look very top-heavy in your picture.

The only thing that works for me is a sturdy regular bra and a shaper top. That helps to distribute the shock and makes things much more comfortable. I can't run or do dance fitness any other way.

The brand that I like is Self Expressions by Maidenform...not sure what the UK equivalent might be:

I'm top heavy, but my breasts are bottom heavy which means they sag which makes them look smaller than they actually are. Plus, you can't really see what her chest looks like in her profile pic.