Diet tips and loosing motivation

Options
I have been trying to improve my eating since the start of the year but I keep falling back into bad eating particularly during the end of the week and weekends. I am desperate to lose weight but I just can't seem to keep it up. I was thinking of buying some slimming world books to follow as I've heard good things- has anyone tried slimming world with any success? Any other tips would be helpful thank you

Replies

• djpjay
    djpjay Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your diet is the hardest part of fitness. A lot of it has to do with Mental toughness. It's hard at first but eventually it will become a daily routine. U can do this:)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If your problem is eating "bad" foods in the weekends, no book can make you stop that. What could help you, is to stop labeling foods "good" and "bad", and just log everything, and eat within your calorie allowance, and leaving some extra calories every day to spend in the weekend if that makes it easier for you to stick to your allowance.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Maybe do extra exercise on the weekends to earn more calories you can spend on your fav foods?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What do you consider "healthy" vs "bad"? If you are being too restrictive, you might be triggering the overeating.

Try to focus on balance and moderation, instead.
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For motivation, did you try looking at the progress pics thread? That does it for me :)