Gaining muscle

Options
Jterra10
Jterra10 Posts: 4 Member
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm 5'2,126 lbs and trying to gain muscle. I'm new to fitness and attempting to track macros. I've done research however I'm still a little lost and would appreciate some input. My macros were calculated at 115g protein, 288g carbs, 77g fat with a total intake of 2300 calories a day. Based on reading other entries I'm thinking they might be too low? I workout 5 days a week, lifting very minimal cardio. Would anyone happen to know if my macros are okay? Any suggestions on what and how to put on more muscle?

Replies

• djpjay
    djpjay Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Taking creatine will help u build lean muscle and taking a mass gainer protein will also help u gain size
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Building muscle will come down to eating enough calories to get into a surplus (250 or 10% over your actual TDEE) and having a progressive lifting program. The best way to figure out your true TDEE is track calories for 4-6 weeks and adjust accordingly. Your macros look fine.

If you need a program, this list is fairly comprehensive.

If you need help getting adequate calories this list is fairly comprehensive.

You don't need creatine or mass gainers. Creatine is a muscle saturater which can help you increase reps, but it's not effective for everyone. Mass gainers are high calorie protein shakes.

Additionally, you do not actually need to limit cardio if you don't have an issue with getting calories. Cardio restriction is generally suggested for those who can't eat big.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Building muscle will come down to eating enough calories to get into a surplus (250 or 10% over your actual TDEE) and having a progressive lifting program. The best way to figure out your true TDEE is track calories for 4-6 weeks and adjust accordingly. Your macros look fine.

You don't need creatine or mass gainers. Creatine is a muscle saturater which can help you increase reps, but it's not effective for everyone. Mass gainers are high calorie protein shakes.

Additionally, you do not actually need to limit cardio if you don't have an issue with getting calories. Cardio restriction is generally suggested for those who can't eat big.

This right here. Creatine will not cause lean muscle gains. It simply helps increase reps/strength by raising ATP levels, which then through progression and a surplus can result in muscular gains.
    Mass gainers should be considered a last resort if you just cannot hit your goals, they should always go along side an already nutritionally sense diet.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

this ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    djpjay wrote: »
    Taking creatine will help u build lean muscle and taking a mass gainer protein will also help u gain size

not this...
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Eat a nutrient dense diet, enough said. If you don't already have a good amount of body fat to burn, you need to ingest more calories and protein than your burning to give your body the necessities to pack on muscle. Supplements help but they're no replacement for straight out hard work and intensity.
  • mhatrerajesh141
    mhatrerajesh141 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jterra10 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm 5'2,126 lbs and trying to gain muscle. I'm new to fitness and attempting to track macros. I've done research however I'm still a little lost and would appreciate some input. My macros were calculated at 115g protein, 288g carbs, 77g fat with a total intake of 2300 calories a day. Based on reading other entries I'm thinking they might be too low? I workout 5 days a week, lifting very minimal cardio. Would anyone happen to know if my macros are okay? Any suggestions on what and how to put on more muscle?

For your Height its proper weight. Just Less Down little weight by Cardio Workout for stay fit, so that 5-10 lbs get reduced. And bring on that wasted 5-10lbs into by muscles.
    You can have a look on this article Effective Way on How to Build Muscles: http://www.musclestyles.com/the-effective-way-on-how-to-build-muscles/
    And here are rich protein food: http://www.musclestyles.com/10-essential-muscle-building-protein-foods/
  • mhatrerajesh141
    mhatrerajesh141 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    djpjay wrote: »
    Clarifying you and to all Beginner Builder's:

Creatine is used to get water from whole body and bring to muscle grow. So to use creatine, use protein suppliment also - For Effective Muscle Growth. And Drink 5-6 litres of water on having Creatine
  • Jterra10
    Jterra10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help and advice. Greatly appreciated!