I'm Lisa from Texas. Anyone like cooking and baking?

Options
2»

Replies

• carleeyuill
    carleeyuill Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love cooking and love, love, love baking!!!!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    How about smoking meat. I do know my way around a kitchen, but I love being a pitmaster. Does that count?
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I tend to gain weight when I eat baked goods, so I very rarely eat them anymore. I recently stumbled onto a healthy recipe for cornbread/carrot cake that turned out pretty good. I have to figure out the calories/macros but I liked it.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I tend to gain weight when I eat baked goods, so I very rarely eat them anymore. I recently stumbled onto a healthy recipe for cornbread/carrot cake that turned out pretty good. I have to figure out the calories/macros but I liked it.

Sounds good. I'm the same way. I tell myself I'm only going to a bite but it always turns out more.
  • rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try buckwheat flour. Great for waffles
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    How about smoking meat. I do know my way around a kitchen, but I love being a pitmaster. Does that count?

Absolutely. We smoke meat all time in our smoker.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I love to bake! (as long as the box has simple instructions). The fun part is handing over the icing and decorations to my 9-yr old and his friends. . "Here!. .Decorate this cake!". .
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I love to cook and especially to bake. My husband has taken over fixing dinner since he is retired and he doesn't always fix the best for a dieting me. I haven't done as much baking since I don't want to eat a lot of it but I will bake with my granddaughter and send home part of it with her.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    uv2w82cd6c29.jpeg
    I made these beauties the other day!! I'm pretty much only good at making deviled eggs and Jell-O shots.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    I love to bake! (as long as the box has simple instructions). The fun part is handing over the icing and decorations to my 9-yr old and his friends. . "Here!. .Decorate this cake!". .

O good sir no more boxes. Lol
    My daughter loves to bake and we do it from scratch. This way I know exactly what's in it and I can tweak it some of need be. Letting them decorate is fun. Its amazing to see what kids can come up with.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    uv2w82cd6c29.jpeg
    I made these beauties the other day!! I'm pretty much only good at making deviled eggs and Jell-O shots.

Hey two things you need to survive life!!
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    Sweets1954 wrote: »
    I love to cook and especially to bake. My husband has taken over fixing dinner since he is retired and he doesn't always fix the best for a dieting me. I haven't done as much baking since I don't want to eat a lot of it but I will bake with my granddaughter and send home part of it with her.

That's a good idea too. Send it home with someone else.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I love to cook. As a matter of fact, my wife and I are retiring in 3 1/2 years and moving to Vegas, so I can go to Culinary School.

• lisahebert186
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I love to cook. As a matter of fact, my wife and I are retiring in 3 1/2 years and moving to Vegas, so I can go to Culinary School.

That sounds amazing!! Good luck to you and I hope I can try your good someday!!
  • Cameron_1969
    edited March 2016
    Options

My daughter loves to bake and we do it from scratch. This way I know exactly what's in it and I can tweak it some of need be. Letting them decorate is fun. Its amazing to see what kids can come up with.

Hahaha.. tweak!.. . Believe me. . I do NOT tweak. .That takes skill and understanding and some knowledge of exactly what that baking soda in the recipe actually does. Here.. this picture is what happens when I try to make something NOT from a box: (still, it was fun to try and my kid was very proud of it!).

5wozoikgjvtu.jpg

It's a minecraft cake. . fyi.
    ut9ktexpyrdi.jpg
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

Hahaha.. tweak!.. . Believe me. . I do NOT tweak. .That takes skill and understanding and some knowledge of exactly what that baking soda in the recipe actually does. Here.. this picture is what happens when I try to make something NOT from a box: (still, it was fun to try and my kid was very proud of it!).

5wozoikgjvtu.jpg

ut9ktexpyrdi.jpg

Omg!! Your awesome!!
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

5wozoikgjvtu.jpg

ut9ktexpyrdi.jpg

Omg!! Your awesome!!

Oh yeah. . you didn't already know that!?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love cooking and baking. When I bake I will lighten up a recipe if I can do so without losing the flavor. If I can't I make the full flavor and then try to eat only one portion and then take the rest into work or my kids daycare. For easter I made dueling cakes. One angel food and the other a sunshine cake from all the leftover egg yolks. Although I wanted to eat both, I stuck with the angel food since it's much lower calorie. Here's a pic of the sunshine cake. I frosted it with homemade whip cream frosting and added a layer of strawberries inside and on top. It was all gone really fast. tosq2tqcrerf.jpg

sorry if it's sideways. My phone is dumb and I'm too lazy to edit the picture.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    I love cooking and baking. When I bake I will lighten up a recipe if I can do so without losing the flavor. If I can't I make the full flavor and then try to eat only one portion and then take the rest into work or my kids daycare. For easter I made dueling cakes. One angel food and the other a sunshine cake from all the leftover egg yolks. Although I wanted to eat both, I stuck with the angel food since it's much lower calorie. Here's a pic of the sunshine cake. I frosted it with homemade whip cream frosting and added a layer of strawberries inside and on top. It was all gone really fast. tosq2tqcrerf.jpg

sorry if it's sideways. My phone is dumb and I'm too lazy to edit the picture.

Not sideways and . . wow. . that looks delicious!. . *drool.