Diet Making Me Burp and Poop too much?

I like to get some advice or suggestions. I been eating lately , try to eat healthy. but afterwards i am getting lots of burping many hours after and as well, i need to run to bathroom at least 4 times after eating to take of business, what am i eating wrong that is doing this? thanks

Replies

• awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    It's likely that you are just getting more fiber than your body is used to..unless you are eating/drinking something you are allergic or intolerant to. Try easing back on the fiber a bit and check to see if you are more affected by certain foods.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2015
    If you've suddenly started eating more nutrient dense vegetables, that can happen. Your body gets used to it. And even to prefer it.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Are you consuming more dairy? Because that will do some unpleasant gastrointestinal things to you if you can't process lactose.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Cucumbers make be burp. Cooked cabbage makes me very gassy. Not everyone will have these same reactions, though. You may just need to pay attention to what is causing it in you and adjust accordingly.

But, as noted above, if you've just made a significant change in your diet you might simply need to give your gut bacteria time to adjust. A probiotic or some Beano might help.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    If it happens again, log your food and ask. Could be that you are just getting too much fiber.
    I have eaten 50 grams of fiber in one day and suffered.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited December 2015
    If it happens again, log your food and ask. Could be that you are just getting too much fiber.
    I have eaten 50 grams of fiber in one day and suffered.

Yup. And it does really depend on what you're used to. I've had 45 grams, so far, today with no ill effects to me or anyone around me. ha. But it does take time to get used to.
    If I ate Dominos, or papa johns or God forbid, McDonalds, me and everyone around me would be suffering.

If you're transitioning: try lightly blanching or steaming things like broccoli, rather than eating them raw, in the beginning.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Maybe change Sugar in your Diary to Fiber, log your foods for a few days, and see what your fiber intake is.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Maybe change Sugar in your Diary to Fiber, log your foods for a few days, and see what your fiber intake is.
    Great point. or anything to fiber and see what you're getting.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Insufficient data. Specify. What the heck are you eating???
  • worldtraveller321
    worldtraveller321 Posts: 150 Member
    thanks
  • worldtraveller321
    just a question though, isnt fibre enriched foods healthy for you? arent we supposed to eat lots of fibre?
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah. Fiber is healthful, but if your body isn't accustomed to eating a lot of it you may have some side effects for a little while. It should go away soon, and just leave you with nice poops like we are supposed to have. Make sure you drink plenty of water!
  • It's probably just an adjustment. Your body will get used to it unless you have some intolerance or allergy. Even upping water intake can cause increased bowel movements. The body does adjust though! I eat a high carb, plant based diet and about two months after I started my body adjusted entirely. Now if I don't get my 40 grams of fiber in a day my intestines feel like they're having a war.
    My physician also told me it's actually normal to have a bowel movement 3-4 times a day, it's just rare. Hopefully your guts sort themselves out!
  • tinaalvarado29
    tinaalvarado29 Posts: 53 Member
    This also happen to me when I first started eating healthier I also broke out on my face but it all stopped about a month later
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    just a question though, isnt fibre enriched foods healthy for you? arent we supposed to eat lots of fibre?

Yes but your body needs time to adjust. As stated above gut bacteria needs time change to new diet. You can cut down a bit and slowly build up also. This helped me. Soluble fiber like in beans and oats can be particularly problematic.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    I agree with the comments about fibre. The first time I ate steel cut oats, I thought I was going to die from the gas pain. I decreased the amount and gradually increased it, and now I can tolerate it just fine. If you introduce fibre too fast, you will pay for it.
  • worldtraveller321
    maybe but i am thinking body is not absorbing all the food that way its going straight through? would eating everything more slowly help? less coffee too? more water? suggestions?
  • rupertluxton
    rupertluxton Posts: 8 Member
    I have issues with eating too much fibre too. some days I'm up to 100g because I try to get most of my carbs from vege's. what are healthy alternatives to eating less fibre. should I just go down the bread and pasta route for my carbs? I don't get how vegetarians/vegans can stay at a manageable fibre level