what did you eat to lose weight?

Options
What did you eat to lose weight? I never stick to a diet longer than a week because I always run out of things to eat for lunch and dinner.

Replies

• mwinslow69
    mwinslow69 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Plant based diet. Minimal meat 2 x per week only is my goal.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Food.
    Pretty much regular food, but I just put a bit of thought into how the calories will fit into my day.

I usually think about what I want to eat, pre-log that into my diary and then see how many calories it adds up to.
    If it's too much, then I eat a smaller serve, replace part of a meal with veggies (instead of rice or pasta for example), choose a different sauce, cut out a few snacks, drop out a beer etc.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Anything I want (that I am not allergic to). Weight loss comes down to calorie deficit, not what specific foods you eat.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Whatever I would normally eat...just less of it. Plus some foods that fill me up fast.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Food. Dinner tonight was ham, potatoes au gratin, and green beans with sun dried tomatoes. Dessert was Nutella, because we did not end up having some cake I thought we were going to have. Granted, I had a spinach salad with a side of kale for lunch, but by G*d, I made sure I had room in my calories for dessert tonight.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Veggies, fruit, eggs, meat, seafood, and some high quality grains (in that order). Meal planning is key. If you know, or have a pretty good idea of, what you're going to eat you won't run out of things to eat for any meal. If you plan well, you'll also have room for some snacks and treats and still maintain a deficit.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Whatever I would normally eat...just less of it. Plus some foods that fill me up fast.

+1 It's that simple.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    +1 It's that simple.

Yep. Protein and fiber, and in that order, are the best things to keep you satiated longer. Try drinking two eight ounce glasses of water 20 - 30 minutes before you eat. It seems to make me less hungry when I eat. Good luck!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You can do this. CICO, calories in calories out, always and everywhere is the truth about gaining and losing weight. Use MFP to record what you eat for a week, then look at your weekly Reports of all your nutritional inputs to see if there are things you recognize a need to improve. Use the community to get great advice. It's free. It's probably not from me, but I do see a lot of people all over this site sharing a lot of very good truth about nutrition.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I just eat less of what I normally eat. I'm an extremely picky eater, so anything that requires certain foods or band others was/is not going to work for me.
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just ate what I normally ate but made at home and smaller portions. Overtime I naturally made better and better choices. Have less cravings, etc. Slow lifestyle changes until they just became normal.
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So you'll eat pizza, hamburgers, fries, cake, chocolate, etc as long as you fit it in your calories?

+1 It's that simple.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    veliia wrote: »
    So you'll eat pizza, hamburgers, fries, cake, chocolate, etc as long as you fit it in your calories?

+1 It's that simple.

Yep. Not all the time, mind you. I also eat fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean proteins, nuts, etc. But when I can fit in fast food, pizza, ice cream, I do.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Born and raised on the shores of the mediterranean sea so most of my diet has always been a rather natural and clean (for what ever clean might mean) mediterranean diet.

Key is not what you eat but how much you eat - calories in / calories out.
    Set your goals, calculate your calories / macronutrients and create your own diet.
    What ever works or is ideal for one might not necessarily be ideal or working for you.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

From time to time, yes. Those aren't things I eat regularly (well, chocolate is, but not pizza, burgers, fries) so I'm not going to increase my consumption of them now.

If that's what you are used to, sure you can still eat them. I'd suggest you alternate with other meals though, that's aren't so dense in calories. What else do you like to eat?

And, as I said above - try pre-logging a day with the food you like then add in some different meals to make the calories work better for you. Maybe you can have a burger for lunch but have some chicken and salad for dinner. Or pizza for dinner and veggie soup and a wholegrain sandwich for lunch.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost weight, I ate low fat, and had some arbitrary food rules. Needless to say, I had to do it again. This time I have been eating ordinary food. A special diet for weightloss is bunk. Meal planning and good shopping routines is necessary in order to be prepared and always have something healthy to eat and not get tempted to eat things you didn't plan to eat.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    What did you eat to lose weight? I never stick to a diet longer than a week because I always run out of things to eat for lunch and dinner.

Ate less than I burned. Works every time. B)
  • veliia
    Options
    So you burned about 1000 calories? If so how??? Lol i workput for half an hour n only burn 110. Calories so if i burn what i eat i have to do this 10 times
  • veliia
    Options

Ate less than I burned. Works every time. B)
    So you burned about 1000 calories? If so how??? Lol i workput for half an hour n only burn 110. Calories so if i burn what i eat i have to do this 10 times