New Today

Options
Hi all! My name is Sarah from Michigan. I am 21, 5'6" and I weigh 207lbs. I joined today to meet a partial goal of 160lbs. That's usually the weight I maintained when I frequently played sports & I got down to that a couple of years ago when I got sick. It wasn't the healthy way of getting to that weight but I was confident. I just want to get back to being confident, have clothes that fit, be athletic & healthy again. Since I'm a full time college student & work 2 jobs I'm hoping this site will help me keep in line with eating better & excersizing regularly. Thanks for reading/ listening. Take care.

Replies

• kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, Welcome to the site & good luck with your weight lose. I'm sure you will find this site very helpful.

Kathy
  • jpswfe
    jpswfe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah. I'm Dawn and I'm from Michigan too. Welcome to MFP. I'm 5'7" at started here at 198 pounds so we're very similar. Though I'll be 46 very soon. My goal is 160 pounds. Feel free to add me. We can help each other. You're doing great! Keep it up!
  • lucyjoon402
    lucyjoon402 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah! I'm Lucy, I'm pretty new here. I can see help support and encourage!! Add me
  • bpennington2013
    bpennington2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I'm Becky, I'm from Michigan too. Just about an hour south of the bridge. Right now I weigh the same I did when I was nine months pregnant for my son who is ten now. Recently I have decided it's time for a change. Eating healthier foods will help a bit, but the only way to really get where we want is to add in the dreaded exercise. Even if your just going for a walk every day, your doing something. I wear nothing but exercise clothes when I'm not working. I've found that helps to motivate me to get up and move. I've also found that continuously reminding myself why I want this helps too. I look forward to hearing about your progress. You got this girl!