Any older men or women who have weight to lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• bp_ng
    bp_ng Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 51, i lost 25 lbs in 3 months. It's not impossible.
  • franksilva1962
    franksilva1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a 54 year old truck driver and with my lack of exercise and totally crappy food choices out here not to mention it's also my choices here and at home. It's bad enough to be single and think you may die alone the last thing I want to be alone and fat!!! So I'm putting this out there not for sympathy but with the hopes of support from the people on here and to motivate myself by making it public, and to admit I'm FAT and sick of it!!! I wish the best for everyone on here let's do this and finally make a stand once and for all, I'M NOT GOING TO BE FAT ANYMORE!!!!
  • jaebennetti
    jaebennetti Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and have lost 80 so far but have a long way to go. I am looking for friends to travel this road with me!
  • sandyb
    sandyb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 49 and lost 100+ lbs, with another 30 or so to go. I am trying to eat clean, no processed carbs, no wheat, no dairy, low sodium and sugar. Also I exercise quite a bit. I run (when the knees don't hurt too much), spin, strength train and walk. I feel healthier than I can remember! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, and have lost over 160 pounds.
  • JATreats
    JATreats Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Mike a few weeks from 70 years old. 150 days ago I was taking blood pressure meds and weighing about 215 now I no longer need meds BP fine, current weight 188 but want to be at 180.

By using this app with full disclosure of intake and a fitbit to track calories I have achieved current results. I have changed my diet to reduce sodium, increase anti-inflammatory foods, increase potassium rich foods, higher protein intake, cutting back on processed foods and trying to draw from food groups properly. I also try to achieve a 2770 a day calorie burn as many days as possible. Last thirty days or so I have bounced from 186 to 189. I crash 2 or 3 times a month because of my cravings for sweets, a few days ago it was an entire Patti LaBelle sweet potato pie. Those are always bummer events because the whole time you are indulging yourself you are also berating yourself which kinda cancels the pleasure, not to mention the physical after effects. I am becoming fearful of crashing, right now I know am writing this to stall my exercise event for today!!!

Maybe this group will keep more of us on track, I am in.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    57 years old, active, and fighting to keep my weight under 220 lbs. at 5'8". Add me if you please.
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    56.... just over 100 lbs to lose. started 64 days ago and have dropped 35 lbs as of this morning. . i cut out all added sugar ,salt and all processed food. i eat as clean as possible. pretty easy seeing i'm chief cook and bottle washer for this family. i walk and walk and walk some more. with my trusty fitibt strapped to my wrist. couldn't make the 10 k steps the first few days but i push myself and do as much as i can. i add a little more each day .a little more each week.. hit 100k mark working on 125 now.. Let me tell you something... if i can do this, so can you...I'm not going to wish anyone Luck... it doesn't take luck, it takes determination and hard work. More than happy to help anyway i can. i'm here every single day.
  • danielwilliams233
    danielwilliams233 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    51, looking to loose 40 to 50 lbs. been working on it but I need to get more aggressive about it. Looking for friends to communicate and trade ideas and inspiration.
  • ncurtis888
    ncurtis888 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 52, and would like to drop from size 16 to size 8. I was very fit for many years, but put on 6 dress sizes with a bad job and subsequent illness and depression. I want to get myself back, and my love for exercise and eating healthfully. I'm looking for friends that are dedicated to their plan(s), and who are similar in age to me.
  • debby86406
    debby86406 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to be a part of this group.... just starting for the 3rd time. ;) how do I join? 250 and need ylto loose at 70
  • dannymiller1967
    dannymiller1967 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    48 years old. I started a diet and walking about 6 weeks ago. I was 260 lbs. Doctor told me I was morbidly obese last November. I am down to 245 lbs. Just found this app yesterday. I am now walking 3 miles a day at about a 3.5 mph pace. My goal weight is 180 lbs. I want to run a 1/2 marathon by the end of November.
  • janetmabryedgecombe
    Options
    Hello everyone. I began this journey after seeing my physician February 25th and I weighed 341lbs. I weighted in yesterday at my physician's office at 328lbs. I'm not quitting now. I must keep moving.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am down 108 but have 30 or so more to go. Started at 49 2 years ago.
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and need to lose at least 50 lbs. It's been a long battle with this weight and I really need to get down. Seems the body just slows down and fights what I do. Need friends for moral support. Add me.
  • suem993
    suem993 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm talking a substantial weight loss here, so anyone willing to travel this long road with me?
    I'm talking a substantial weight loss here, so anyone willing to travel this long road with me?

• suem993
    suem993 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm sue and I have lost 1stone 2 pounds and have a little more than 4 stone to go and I am 59 years old
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40 year old grandma , with 100 pounds to loose, I started a week a go