How to stop eating easter chocolate?

Options

Replies

• raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    For me I can ignore it pretty good now a days. When I start feeling weak though, I get it out of sight out to keep it out of mind.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Coworkers, neighbors or trash. Although I do also like putting a few of the really good stuff in the freezer - frozen snickers are the best. If it's not good chocolate though then it should not pass those lips. Dump it or gift it.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, you probably think its unfair to dump it on your kids. I've been doing this for 2 years now and if I had to make my family give up everything just for my temptations, I think that would be pretty awful. My compromise is to try to buy or keep the treats they like but I don't. So maybe try switching it out for some sort of treat they like that doesn't tempt you. Then they don't lose out, and you're not staring at chocolate all day.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would give it to friends and family. But hey, I still eat chocolate everyday and lose lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You just don't. Chocolate keeps a very long time, why the rush?
  • deannaelaine1993
    deannaelaine1993 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I took it to my parents for them to eat and my son to have a little when we visit. Keeps us from snacking on it everyday
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    tishie1 wrote: »
    Anyone have any creative ideas on how to stop eating easter chocolate? My kids have to tons and tons of it and I don't want them eating it all, so I keep eating it. Plus it is right in front of me all day while I am at home. Any suggestions of what worked for other people?
    tishie1 wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Throw it all out! JK

It's your kids candy, you are not suppose to be eating it.

They have so much that it would be ridiculous for them to eat it all, so that's why I eat it :) We went to a community egg hunt and got way too much lol.

I'm glad you realize that this is not a good strategy. I like the idea of giving it to a local VA. If there isn't one near you, what about a food pantry?

Also, studies show people eat less candy if they can't see it, so while you are deciding what to do about it, put it out of sight.

• Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Throw it out. Remove the temptation.
    Leave them a couple treats each (perhaps to go in their lunches) and get rid of the rest!
    Out of sight out of mind.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I would just give it to friends or take it into work. If that isn't possible then I would stick it in the freezer. I seem to forget that it's in there so I eat it slower. Usually one piece at the end of the night kicks the craving right in the butt.

This year a lot of my family knows I'm watching my calories so my mom gave me a very small gift bag with a few pieces in it. Same with my future MIL.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Freezers are wonderful things. We didn't by any candy for my kids this year. We had one celebration on Saturday, so we just re-hid some of that candy. They were non the wiser. They always get more candy than they eat. Thankfully, they aren't big on candy. However, chocolate is my weakness. If it is in the freezer, or trash if it isn't good chocolate(has to be dark or a good quality like Lindt), I don't see it. I still eat chocolate, but I only have a serving size.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Flush it before you swallow it.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I just eat one or two pieces a day until its gone. I log it and all is well.

Logging it prevents me from overeating the candy because I know how many calories each piece is worth. Not going to eat more than I log when it's so calorie dense.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Place them in zip lock bags in an assortment. Put the amount of calories and sugar on each bag. Read that before you eat it. Then hopefully you will just throw it away. If your kids shouldn't eat it. Why should you? We are fat for a reason.

Another idea is to make a dump cake or brownies . Take all chocolates and place in a cane batter. Bake cake or brownies. Cut and freeze or cut up everyone have a piece and throw the rest away or give away.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Pour gravy over them. That will make them less appealing....
  • JButlerEagle
    JButlerEagle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of Frog and Toad children's book. In the end will power only worked for them when they got rid of the cookies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhYh1eZh1Ew (book is better)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If you don't want them eating it all anyway, have them choose X pieces of candy apiece to keep, then get rid of the rest. Give it away or toss it. If there's somewhere to donate it, that would be a nice thing to have your kids do.
  • PurpleOrchid531
    PurpleOrchid531 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had to hide it in the pantry because if I saw it I would sneak a piece here or there. We went to a relative's house on Easter so my kids got some chocolate candy they didn't like, so I first got rid of that by bringing it to work and we only kept the "good" stuff.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I got 8 eggs for Easter. I adore chocolate, it is one of my favourite things and I eat it daily. I am planning on opening one at a time and having a small piece every night. I will weigh the piece and fit it into my calorie allowance. These eggs will likely last me a good few months. I won't have to add chocolate to my food shopping for that entire time. I am looking forward to the coconut Easter egg the most.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    We don't get that much, but what we do have goes into a basket that hangs from a hook in the ceiling. Among the four of us we have different preferences, so a variety is kept. I've been fitting about 50 calories of candy into my days for a week now. I threw out Halloween candy about 2 weeks ago, fortunately everyone in my family is good about candy regulation (except the little guy in regards to chocolate. He will walk away from other things but rarely chocolate. Hence the ceiling basket.)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Dump it, you and your kids don't need it.