Which is the most horror movie you ever saw?

Options

Replies

• bomb_887
    bomb_887 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The silent house. Good film but the french version not American
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    One would think IT as I had a phobia about clowns as a child, but I got better. Actually, IT is more like a comedy to me.
    Children of the corn is pretty good on for me. My moms side of the family had a lot of farm land and had a lot of corn fields as kids we would play a lot of games in those fields and man when you got lost and was alone it was terrifying.
    Also, as an avid swimmer and SCUBA diver Jaws was kind of terrifying for me. The water in the bay where I live has a visibility of 3 feet on a really good day, so things tend to bump into you a lot they can’t see any better. Usually it’s just a big fish but I have had sand sharks bump me and then swim off fast. So the thought of something much bigger can be terrifying. Especially when it’s so quiet and suddenly my warped mind starts playing the Jaws soundtrack in the back of my head.
  • deaddolly
    deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen Green Inferno yet? It was different; not like everything else out there now. I enjoyed it.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    The scariest movie to me was The Exorcist. Not the dumb remakes, the original one from the 70's.
  • Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Go
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    My wedding video
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    candyman and ginger snaps. ginger snaps is on youtube.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    WOLF CREEK, by far the scariest movie ever made
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    deaddolly wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Green Inferno yet? It was different; not like everything else out there now. I enjoyed it.

It wasn't different. It was practically a remake of Cannibal Holocaust. Eli Roth, while I give him props for Cabin Fever and Hostel (only because the idea of that "club" is scary) but he relied way too much on gore and cheap vomit tactics rather than anything scary on that one. It wasn't awful, but he's slipping.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    lisa9805 wrote: »
    poltergeist (new one)
    the chosen
    knock knock
    hold your breath
    evil dead (new one)
    finders keepers
    rob zombie ones

if u like sick and twisted any of the human centipede ones lol

OMG they're like a train wreck I have to watch the third one...
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Babadook, the audition (1999), it follows, cabin fever(the original not the new remake), high tension, the martyrs (original not new remake).

For new ones avoid the forest, the visit, and the remakes of cabin fever and the martyrs.

I love, love horror movies the cheesier the better but there really aren't many good ones lately

Babook ( or how ever you spell it) movie was funny, the little boy makes silly faces
  • madhatter2013
    Options
    James12315 wrote: »
    I love horror movies but find it difficult to become scared by them now. The one that horrified me as a child was The Ring.

^^^^ This, they just don't do a very good job anymore at being scary.

Insidious was a good one, though
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    Options
    Can I say how happy I am that my people have a forum? B)

Most of what I would say offhand without knowing someone's preferences have been covered, but let me reiterate a few points:

1. Session 9 - if you haven't watched this super creepy movie, it is a MUST SEE.
    2. If you are a diehard horror fan, Human Centipede is worth a look; however, the sequels are not fit for any human viewing. The second one is awful, and the third one was universally panned by every horror blog I've read. Everyone agreed - they went too far. I didn't bother.
    3. The Babadook - I really wanted to like this, but instead it just made me make sure I was all stocked up on birth control. The scariest thing about that movie was the kid.
    4. It Follows - not the scariest movie going, but definitely had some creepy moments, with an amazing homage to 70's horror. Thumbs up!
    5. I adore Rob Zombie movies. He didn't deserve the flack he got for the Hallowe'en movies. I thought they were awesome. I was great to see Michael develop into a psychopath as opposed to your run of the mill pointless slasher; and the second one was interesting. House of a 1000 Corpses is a delightful homage to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Devil's Rejects was just brilliant all around. You can skip Lords of Salem.

Ahh I could talk for days about horror. LOL
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    The Ring
    The first Nightmare on Elm street
    The conjuring- I actually had to leave the movie theater for that. I got totally freaked out.

I can't watch scary movies the way I used to.
  • madhatter2013
    Options

Most of what I would say offhand without knowing someone's preferences have been covered, but let me reiterate a few points:

1. Session 9 - if you haven't watched this super creepy movie, it is a MUST SEE.
    2. If you are a diehard horror fan, Human Centipede is worth a look; however, the sequels are not fit for any human viewing. The second one is awful, and the third one was universally panned by every horror blog I've read. Everyone agreed - they went too far. I didn't bother.
    3. The Babadook - I really wanted to like this, but instead it just made me make sure I was all stocked up on birth control. The scariest thing about that movie was the kid.
    4. It Follows - not the scariest movie going, but definitely had some creepy moments, with an amazing homage to 70's horror. Thumbs up!
    5. I adore Rob Zombie movies. He didn't deserve the flack he got for the Hallowe'en movies. I thought they were awesome. I was great to see Michael develop into a psychopath as opposed to your run of the mill pointless slasher; and the second one was interesting. House of a 1000 Corpses is a delightful homage to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Devil's Rejects was just brilliant all around. You can skip Lords of Salem.

WHAT?!? That one was awesome! Rob is the best!
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    Options
    Goodnight Mommy was outstanding! Creepy as hell! (German with English Subtitles)
  • madhatter2013
    edited March 2016
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    One would think IT as I had a phobia about clowns as a child, but I got better. Actually, IT is more like a comedy to me.
    Children of the corn is pretty good on for me. My moms side of the family had a lot of farm land and had a lot of corn fields as kids we would play a lot of games in those fields and man when you got lost and was alone it was terrifying.
    Also, as an avid swimmer and SCUBA diver Jaws was kind of terrifying for me. The water in the bay where I live has a visibility of 3 feet on a really good day, so things tend to bump into you a lot they can’t see any better. Usually it’s just a big fish but I have had sand sharks bump me and then swim off fast. So the thought of something much bigger can be terrifying. Especially when it’s so quiet and suddenly my warped mind starts playing the Jaws soundtrack in the back of my head.

Then you should see Killer Clowns from Outer Space

Follow it up with Earth Girls are Easy :lol:
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    Options

WHAT?!? That one was awesome! Rob is the best!

He nailed the whole 70's witch movie homage. Visually, it was brilliant. While I have nothing but love for Sheri Moon Zombie, but that girl cannot pull off the dramatic scenes. It was painful to watch her performance. Plus, the ending was too far into the ridiculous. Sorry. It was just not worth it. The book was pretty intense though. Worth a read. I was not a fan of the film.

I am beyond excited for 31 though.

• HorrorGeekLiz
    Options
    deaddolly wrote: »
    omg....so many to choose from! I'm a horror movie addict. I was raised on the old Vincent Price/Hammer films; my mom loved them.
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), Motel Hell, All the Hostel films, The Saw films, Teeth, any Rob Zombie movie (except for Lords of Salem), the Halloween series, As Above So Below....so many more
    Not much scares me anymore. I never thought the Exorcist was scary. Hate Friday the 13th movies. Some movies are just funny, like The Human Centipede. #1 was pretty good, #2 was my favorite and #3 was stupid.

Those should be a good start! Happy horror!

I don't know why so many are scared of gore, like in Zombie's films. For me it's the gore, violence and sex that I like. But, I also like to be so scared that I turn all the lights in the house on. Hasn't happened in decades.
    Agree with others; see the originals first.

Lords of Salem was weird AF... definitely do not recommend lol

i used to be a big fan of his, but he's kinda one-note isn't he? i've never even watched that one just cause I keep hearing things like this lol

I've just recently seen a few of his movies and I was very sad to discover that his movies are exactly what you said- one-note. His music is amazing so he should just stick with that. I feel like if you've seen one of his movies, you've seen them all. Except Lords of Salem.... words can't even describe how truly weird it was. I love anything horror/gore/weird/creepy/odd but this was just way too much for even me.

I loved Devil's Rejects and didn't hate his Halloween remake like most people...but everything else is i've seen is just kinda meh. only thing i give him is that he's underrated with his selection of musical score for his films. The Devil's Rejects score rivaled anything Quentin Tarantino has ever done with his music on the big screen.

Devil's Rejects was okay... idk didn't do much for me honestly. Any movie with a rape scene just puts me off...

Devil's Rejects was brilliant on so many levels - the biggest thing to me was he took the most vile, evil characters imaginable and made you feel empathy for them. That's amazing talent right there.

Second, as pointed out, he does do some amazing soundtrack work.

Third, his love of horror just shines through. Each film he makes is a tribute to a particular set of horror without ever being a blatant rip off.

Fourth, he took the same characters from House of 1000 Corpses and made a sequel that was different on just about every level from it's predecessor, making it more of a continuation rather than a rehashing of the first.

The man is a genius.

Except Lords of Salem. He did take a wrong turn there, which was a shame. But we have 31 to look forward to. :smiley: