Juicing on the daily!

Options
Hi all,

I just wanted to send out a quick note to those who are thinking of adding fresh pressed juice to their diet.. I make my own juice at home. I have both a masticating and centrifugal juicer and they both make absolutely amazing juices.

I feel amazing!!! So much more energy, clearer thinking, clearer skin, everything is better! I love getting an abundance of vitamins and nutrients daily, it's changing my life for the better.

Who else is juicing?

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I like to chew my food and still feel amazing
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Masticating? As in chewing? I do that with my teeth and I feel great too.

I love these juicing threads though, always fun.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Yea, I enjoy masticating my own food, no machine needed. There's nothing magical about juicing.
  • charlottemmarks
    charlottemmarks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Yea, I enjoy masticating my own food, no machine needed. There's nothing magical about juicing.

It's not magical, no. But the simple fact of the matter is fresh-pressed juices are vitamin bombs. There's a reason people tout their benefits.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »

It's not magical, no. But the simple fact of the matter is fresh-pressed juices are vitamin bombs. There's a reason people tout their benefits.

You can get the exact same vitamins by eating the fruits and vegetables whole. And as a bonus, you get the fiber as well, which is usually removed through juicing.
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I also chew my food, thanks. What I'm talking about is the rush of vitamins and nutrients that you could never get with just eating, you'd never be able to eat that much per day.

It's all about the health benefits, so I don't understand the cynicism.
  • khristiana
    Options
    The people who do not investigate juicing will never know the true benefits. Juicing still gives you soluble fiber, btw. You also will never get the same amount of vitamins by just eating whole foods.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    khristiana wrote: »
    The people who do not investigate juicing will never know the true benefits. Juicing still gives you soluble fiber, btw. You also will never get the same amount of vitamins by just eating whole foods.

Did you just watch "Forks Over Knives" or some such other B.S.?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    wait- did you lose all your teeth?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options

As for not being able to eat that much fruit/ veg in a day, that's not true. Unless you are juicing for all three meals then yes, I could see that argument, although that would be a whole different issue.

What are the increased health benefits of juicing over simply eating the whole foods? Serious question
  • khristiana
    Options
    Wow, people like to send out a lot of negativity on here.

Listen, this post was meant for people who agree with me on juicing. Why do you all feel like you need to give nothing but hate?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    whose got hate?
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    Wow, people like to send out a lot of negativity on here.

Listen, this post was meant for people who agree with me on juicing. Why do you all feel like you need to give nothing but hate?

lol! This thread was meant for people who agree with your woo . . .
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You posted in a public forum, and received cynicism. This is natural, people typically do not like generalizations without evidence. Feeling a "rush" from the vitamins (really?) that someone supposedly won't get from eating, or vague "everything is better" endorsements aren't proof. It's not hate. If you want people to agree with you on everything, join a juicing group.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i like juices but they don't satisfy me and i think its very expensive and a waste of all that benifitial fibre
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I also chew my food, thanks. What I'm talking about is the rush of vitamins and nutrients that you could never get with just eating, you'd never be able to eat that much per day.

It's all about the health benefits, so I don't understand the cynicism.

i get a rush a vitamins with my plant based vitamins i take everyday.. and then pee most of them out.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I used to. It's one of those things I either do everyday or never at all. It's probably been over a year now lol.

I would always make a cucumber, celery, and lemon concoction. Cheap and makes a lot of juice. I have a centrifugal juicer so I'm limited to what produce I can use. I don't mind not juicing dark leafy greens though since I can blend them in smoothies and eat salad with meals.

Cool to read that you're feeling amazing! Juicing is a great addition to your everyday diet!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of juicing but I do like vegetable/fruit combo smoothies a lot. It's a really convenient way of getting in fresh fruit and veg into your diet and they taste delicious (well, at least the ones I make are and I even use kale! I know right!)