What has MENTALLY changed in you ?

Options
13»

Replies

• proudseal
    proudseal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Shifting from "do it my way" (which didn't work) to "do what works" (i.e. use food scale and log accurately).

Unlearning harmful judgments ("counting calories is obsessive", "the gym is only for vain people", "being overweight is not a big deal").
  • heart3313
    heart3313 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't realize my weight loss and the way I look...when I see new pics of me, I'm still shocked! I lost 30 lbs from 03/15- 09/15 and have maintained since then.. pushing to lose more now after 6 months of maintenance... I know I won't be used to it still lol
  • bviv89
    bviv89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This.

I'm FIERCE.

But then....I've always been fierce. So maybe that hasn't changed at all. ;)

And now I believe it. I've decided that I'm going to treat my body the way it was designed to be treated. It's about the decision. I have a post-it in my car that says "Every adversity has an equal blessing on the other side" and that keeps me going, keeps reminding me that as I struggle, sweat, and cry, the reward at the end is going to be amazing. I visualize what I will be capable of doing (real push-ups! Pull-ups! Running 5 miles! Looking hot!) and stay persistent. Be tough. Be brave. Be honest. Be kind.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't need to eat to soothe myself anymore. Working out daily has been a great mood regulator. I don't have ups and downs as I used to. It's a smoother sail. I tackle problems with a clearer head. I still have bad days but I know a good run or HIIT workout will help drain the anger/anguish.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    "Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's unbecoming everything that isn't you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place."

Oh i really like this!!! I need to post this in a few places at home and at the office so i can see it every day!!!
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I definitely stand up for myself more than I used to. I'm less afraid to be seen or to speak up, less likely to take nonsense from people, less likely to allow myself to be treated badly.

^^this!
    In hindsight a couple of times I've stood up for myself to strangers recently- I'm worried my normal quiet self is becoming a bit diva like!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!