schwenkler22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love mine.
    Yes, I love mine.

Do you feel as though it's accurate?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You may want to search for past threads -- this is a very common question.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Depends upon what you want (expect) it to for you. Have a look at the FitBit group, get a feel for different models.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I have a FitBit One. It's a fancy pedometer that keeps me honest. I used to think I was "better" than sedentary. My FitBit told me otherwise. I sync it to MFP (and enable negative calories). That way if I'm a bum, and sit around all day calories will be taken away.

My cardio is step based so a FitBit does pretty well. Strength training, well works well for that.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. And yes I do believe it is accurate, heart rate wise, and step wise. I love it, and it syncs with MFP. I feel like the calorie burns are more accurate than just guessing with MFP's database (in my case they are much lower with my fitbit than they were logging with MFP).
  • branflakes1980
    edited March 2016
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Depends upon what you want (expect) it to for you. Have a look at the FitBit group, get a feel for different models.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I have a FitBit One. It's a fancy pedometer that keeps me honest. I used to think I was "better" than sedentary. My FitBit told me otherwise. I sync it to MFP (and enable negative calories). That way if I'm a bum, and sit around all day calories will be taken away.

My cardio is step based so a FitBit does pretty well. Strength training, well works well for that.

See bolded above, I have not done this... Please tell me how to check this setting.

EDIT - Nevermind, I found it and my negative calories are enabled.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Accurate. Motivation. Data.
  • Soultwist
    Soultwist Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love mine.
    Yes, I love mine.

Mine bluetooth syncs to my phone and I can see the steps add up one at a time right as I take them. Seems very accurate. I have also counted to 100 and then looked and it will be right on.
  • schwenkler22
    Options
    You may want to search for past threads -- this is a very common question.

Im sure it is a common question, but i wanted to ask for myself thank you.
  • branflakes1980
    Options
    Soultwist wrote: »
    Yes, I love mine.
    Yes, I love mine.

Mine bluetooth syncs to my phone and I can see the steps add up one at a time right as I take them. Seems very accurate. I have also counted to 100 and then looked and it will be right on.

With mine as well, also I have been on the stair climber machine and checked my heart rate on my fitbit and at the same time used the heart rate checker on the machine and it has always been spot on. I have also checked my heartrate the old fashioned way against what the fitbit says and... always the same.
  • schwenkler22
    Options
    Yes, I love mine.
    Yes, I love mine.

With mine as well, also I have been on the stair climber machine and checked my heart rate on my fitbit and at the same time used the heart rate checker on the machine and it has always been spot on. I have also checked my heartrate the old fashioned way against what the fitbit says and... always the same.

Thank you, I went ahead and ordered one. I'm excited to try it.

• kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love mine.
    Yes, I love mine.

Thank you, I went ahead and ordered one. I'm excited to try it.

which one did you get?
    I have a fitbit charge HR and I love it! helps me so much to stay on track and with it synced to MFP I know exactly how many calories I have to play with