BBQ ideas

Options
KJ7777
KJ7777 Posts: 47 Member
Hi,

Its my husbands birthday this weekend & we have decided to have a BBQ at ours so i can be in control of what im eating.
Does anyone have any low cal suggestions i can make?
We usually do home made burgers, butchers made sausages, salad, home made potatoe salad ect.

Thanks for help :)

Replies

• TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    We do chicken breasts and chicken sausages all the time. Very low calories and tasty!
  • ladyjade68
    ladyjade68 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi! You Can always grill salmon - you put it in a foil packet - http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/grilled-salmon-recipe.html or turkey burgers, and corn on the cob... I always watch Bobby Flay grilling and he has a lot of good, healthy idea... Good luck and Happy Birthday to the husband!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    chicken breast! marinade it! it's really yummy in italian dressing :smile: and i made some really yummy baked chicken last night i'll give you the recipie if you want you;d make it the same way just cut the tomatoes different and let it marinade over night.
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    Options
    peppers stuffed with either couscous, rice or low fat cheese
    mushrooms with pesto and low fat cheese
    and like someone else mentioned - salmon

enjoy, I'm going to a BBQ on Sunday and we're all bringing something so will be watching this post for ideas also!
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    grilled portobello mushrooms!!!!! to die forrrrrrrr
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Chicken kabobs are fabulous! We had those on fathers day. Chicken, red & green peppers, pearl onions and fresh pineapple. And a huge fruit salad for a side.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Instead of potato salad, make a quinoa salad. Use cooked quinoa and add cut up cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, spinach, onions and a little feta cheese. Top with some Greek dressing. So good that no one will notice it's super healthy!

You could also make quesadilla on the grill with chicken and veggies and serve with salsa.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I love chili chicken kebabs. Chicken marinated in chili powder and paprika an then put on skewers with tomatoes and peppers so you can make them with as much or as little chicken as you want and the smoky flavour works really well :smile:
  • KJ7777
    Options
    chicken breast! marinade it! it's really yummy in italian dressing :smile: and i made some really yummy baked chicken last night i'll give you the recipie if you want you;d make it the same way just cut the tomatoes different and let it marinade over night.

That would be great thank you :)
  • KJ7777
    Options
    Instead of potato salad, make a quinoa salad. Use cooked quinoa and add cut up cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, spinach, onions and a little feta cheese. Top with some Greek dressing. So good that no one will notice it's super healthy!

You could also make quesadilla on the grill with chicken and veggies and serve with salsa.

That sounds great.......whats Quinoa? not heard of that before.
    Thanks
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

That sounds great.......whats Quinoa? not heard of that before.
    Thanks

Quinoa is a grain. It's supposed to be one of the best sources of plant protein. It cooks up like rice, but has a nutty, crunchy texture. Here is a link so you can see: http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-26-Ounce-Packages/dp/B000EDG3UE