I weigh every morning.
  • babykristina
    babykristina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 1x a week on Monday's.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    once a week on mondays (to log it) and once on thursday (don't log that weight)
  • sheri2490579
    sheri2490579 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll weigh in once a week as well.
  • vik108
    vik108 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every morning!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only log my weight on Mondays.
  • KrystalErin0429
    KrystalErin0429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »

I also weigh daily but Sundays are my log days
  • MillyMil122
    MillyMil122 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning
  • jlcnuke
    jlcnuke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and "track" my weight weekly. The number on the scale doesn't bother me though, but for some people it can, so for those people a daily weight check may not be a good idea. I like the article from WebMD on the subject that effectively says "daily is good, unless checking daily affects your mood/self-esteem on days when the number isn't what you'd hoped, then less frequently is better".
  • sheri2490579
    Options
    ktyler0811 wrote: »

What do you think are the benefits of weighing yourself daily. Do you really see changes that quickly?
  • KrystalErin0429
    KrystalErin0429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Idk why I do.... Just to see if I'm staying in track I guess. The number will go up and down through out the week, so if that'll stress you out, don't do it! I only record once a week so I know overall how I'm doing.
  • sheri2490579
    Options
    Yeah I think I'll stick to once a week. At least until I start seeing results. I'll go crazy waiting for the number to go down
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I weigh myself officially for MFP once a week.

However, I do weigh myself for fun everyday after my morning poop and shower, but before breakfast. I continue to drink the same amount of water each day so that my urine stays clear, so I should be able to cross out all those factors from fluctuations. Good news is, my body weight actually doesn't fluctuate any. It just keeps going down each day.

(except for this past weekend when I stuffed an entire months worth of *kitten* in me)
  • davidmartinez66
    davidmartinez66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Tuesday mornings only, I don't sweat it too much if the number isn't what I am looking for, just work harder over the next week. Do whatever works for you! I have friends that weigh in every day and I believe they drive themselves a bit crazy....

Do you!

David
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but I record only on Thursdays. For me, the scale is just a measurement of what's going on in my body. It doesn't bother me if I'm a little higher one day. But I don't recommend it for people who get stressed out when they see the number go up.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    ktyler0811 wrote: »

What do you think are the benefits of weighing yourself daily. Do you really see changes that quickly?

I weigh myself every morning with the same pattern. My body is predictably responsive. The work and diet the day before shows up immediately.

It's very beneficial in that without much effort my mind and subconsciousness absorbs the pattern of the diet and behaviors from simply seeing the results. I can guesstimate restaurant meals better without their nutrition info.
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting out, you may want to every day. I have read good advice that says if every weigh in will affect your mood for the day, then stick to once a week!
  • lostgoals
    lostgoals Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in weekly on Sundays, hadn't owned a scale in over a decade so I used the gyms. Now that I lost past my initial "can I manage it" phase I am weighing daily so I can watch the cause/effects of what I eat on my weight. (water retention etc)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I use trendweight to keep track of everything, it tells me what I'm losing every week drowning out the fluctuations.