is there a vegan mayonnaise type thing?

Options
Hey, so I'm loving my moms part vegan diet...(don't judge, she has to eat fish, but can't have any gluten or dairy)

Anyway, I've found some awesome substitutes, (veggie burgers, and earthbalance butter type stuff, yum) But I'm on the lookout for some kind of Miracle Whip, mayonnaise thing. It has to be dairy free and very low fat.

Replies

• aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know :)
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    http://www.followyourheart.com/

I've never had it, but a friend of mine across the state says she uses it in all her cold salads in place of mayo. :smile:
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I've never had it, but a friend of mine across the state says she uses it in all her cold salads in place of mayo. :smile:
  • blowtotheskull
    Options
    Plamil and Mayola brands are egg-free. The Mayola one is tasty; haven't tried Plamil.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is. It's called Vegenaise
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    There's Veganaise. Look on followyourheart.com, or just google veganaise.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Plamil and Mayola brands are egg-free. The Mayola one is tasty; haven't tried Plamil.

And where can I find this?
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Vegenaise - it's the only mayo I like other than Best Foods.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    they make vegan mayonnaise. its called "Veganaise"
    its with all the other vegan goodies in your health food section!! :)
    i've been meaning to try it, but i haven't yet. I always see it when i am buying tofu.
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Someone on my list eats nayonaise regularly...I've been curious about it.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    veganaise is delicious! there is this brand called spectrum i believe. not sure where in the country you are, but if you go to any health foods store or upscale super market they should have it. trader joe's might have it as well, just not sure.
  • emalliakos
    emalliakos Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I love vegenaise! Especially the Grapeseed oil one, as it's supposed to help with your cholesterol. I use it in place of all mayo now and I've never missed mayo.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    pretty sure you could find one made out of soft tofu. GL
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    veganaisse
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it is called Veganaise, I love it. I use for all mayo substitutions. It tastes very close to Hellmans. I am 98% vegan, i sometimes eat egg and dairy when out with friends and family.
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Vegenaise- I'm not even vegan and my hubby and I only eat this stuff. It is the BEST! I love it and it tastes better than mayonaise..and awesome it's made with REAL ingredients..all of them pronouncable. hee hee.
  • blowtotheskull
    Options

And where can I find this?

Hmmm...where are you? I'm in the UK and Tesco stock Mayola.
  • Trisha042415
    Trisha042415 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I somewhat tried a vegan diet for Lent earlier this year. I didn't try the vegenaise but I've seen it in the grocery store. Below is there website if you want to check it out

www.followyourheart.com

I also tried the Veggie Patch Chick'n Cutlets. They're 100% vegan and I thought they tasted pretty good. I still eat them once in a while.

www.veggiepatch.com
  • mdavis3706
    Options
    Veganaise tastes just like mayo and there are different kinds to choose from. You can get it at health food stores like Better Heath Food.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Yes, there is. It's called Vegenaise

And it's delicious!