So tired all of the time....

Options
HI, I started my lifestyle change on Memorial Day. I went from eating almost anything I wanted and never exercising to starting the C25K and doing other forms of exercise on the off days with 1or 2 rest days per week. I also started restricting my calories once I found this site. I am more motivated now than I have ever been to become the healthy and fit person I know I can be.

The first 3 weeks were great. I felt better over all and my energy level was through the roof. This week I am crashing hard. I am so tired that I feel almost like I have the flu even though I don't. I can barely keep my eyes open at work and I am crashing into bed as soon as my kids are asleep and the dishes are done. I am on week 4 of c25k and I am doing the 30 day shred as well. I know my diet isn't perfect, but I am trying to slowly make changes that I know I can live with for the rest of my life.

Does anyone have any ideas on why I am so tired now or what I can do to get the energy back of the first 3 weeks?

Replies

• JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eatiing a day. If you are eating less than 1200 it could be the reason why you feel so bad.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Maybe see if you're getting enough of the nutrients and vitamins your body needs. I added in a multivitamin and Vitamin B complex vitamin and I don't suffer with really any lag anymore.
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    Since you're working out so much, maybe up your healthy carb intake a bit. Also make sure you're getting enough calories
  • jeannecadybrown
    Options
    Have you considered getting your thyroid checked? Not sure of your age, but it can be a concern in women in 30s and 40s......
    Just a thought.
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    The first thing that jumps out at me is are you getting enough calories. You are doing a lot of work!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You might get your thyroid and vitamin levels checked. If you are low on Vitamin D or B-12 your energy will be low.
  • Sofitness
    Sofitness Posts: 54
    Options
    bump
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    i'm having the same problem, come pay day i'm investing in some good multi vitamins!
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Iron. Had someone pass out because her iron was way too low.
    Maybe have it checked...
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Did you set your calorie goal yourself or let the site pick it? It seems a bit low for the amount of weight you have to lose. Your diary looks pretty good, the only thing I would add is more protein in the morning and perhaps add a bit of fruit as well. If that doesn't help, it may be time for a check in with your doctor.
  • Zappa5
    Zappa5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I let the site pick my calorie goal and I typically eat between 1200 - 1500 calories per day. I usually eat back half to all of my exercise calories as well. I don't usually feel hungry and my weight loss so far has been slow and steady. Perhaps I will make an appointment with my doctor just to get some of those things checked (and ruled) out. Thanks!