Is it just me?

Options
Is it just me? Do I have issues? LOL I cannot STAND the texture of Greek Yogurt. I dunno what it is, but the texture really bothers me. I LOOOVE yogurt, and I am so angry at myself for hating the texture of the Greek yogurt so much because it is so high in protein so I know it's a good choice, but OMG something about the texture really really bothers me... like... to the point of gagging. Am I the only alone oddball freak here?!?!:laugh:

Replies

• leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    Greek yougart is the BEST!! lol Im Try some granola in it with berries.
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Don't be made at yourself. I hate all yogurt, but Greek is the worst! I don't like to taste of milk either.
  • Veronica1880
    Options
    You can try the chobany brand just look for plain and check for sugars.
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I LOVE greek yogurt!!! It is thicker than most but i guess its just what you like vs what you dont.
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    it does have an odd texture, but in time, you get used to it. especially if you add some fruit or granola to it.
  • kaleik3
    kaleik3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the greek yogurt, but only with truvia and sugar free jam mixed in! It works for me!
  • CRWellnessCorporation
    Options
    You could always make a smoothie with the yogurt. Add some fresh or frozen berries, water, and some stevia (1 packet) to sweeten. See if that helps!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it. Not a huge fan of yogurt but I make myself eat it once in awhile
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha no you arent weird you can just join EVERY female in my family and some males. We are texture people and the females dont like their food to touch (unless its meant to!) My sister cant eat mashed potatoes or whipped cream but can drink green smoothies (which are beyond gross in texture to me) and eat some really odd textured veggies I wont touch. I cant stand fruit in yogurt, especially chunked fruit that is in the carton when you buy it, its slimey and feels like a huge booger going down my throat (only way to describe it!) and cant stand the grainy-ish texture of all greek yogurts Ive tried (and they way it tooks when you open it, totally unappealing!) yet my son LOVES greek yogurt as does my sister
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey! I put it in a smoothie in the morning (I don't like the texture OR the taste, but I want the protein to jumpstart my day), I can't taste it, but it makes the smoothie thicker than it would be without it.

3 or 4 strawberries depending on size
    1 banana
    half a cup of milk
    3 oz of chobani, non-fat greek yogurt
    3 ice cubes to chill it.

Blenderize it and YUM! 275ish calories depending on how much fruit you throw in there!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Its me too.... I have tried it and do not like it at all. the texture or taste.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I actually don't like most regular yogurt, but I do like Greek. Don't feel bad though. I love avocado, but hate guacamole because of the texture, so I understand what you mean!
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    nope because I tried it because I LOVE yogurt.. greek yogurt was no fab at all. :sick:
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I can't really handle plain greek yogurt....but I tolerate the flavor kind, only Chobani though....I put plain greek yogurt in smoothies...makes em smooth...it's also a good sour cream substitute...
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am with you. Greek yogurt is awful. I can barely stand regular yogurt. The texture of greek yogurt is to think.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just had the plain kind for the first time today as a substitute for sour cream. It was great, but I can't imagine having it by itself. I ahve not tried the flavored ones.
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    The only yogurt I seem to like and can eat is Activia... I tried it one day on a whim and it's REALLY good. I like peach and strawberry... The other yogurts that I have tried have tasted sour/tart to me...
  • Shluke206
    Shluke206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!! I don't like how it feels on my teeth!! Sounds weird...but kind of like how when you eat fresh spinach you get that "gritty" feeling or whatever? I don't get it with regular yogurt at all, which I eat nearly every day. Sad because Greek yogurt is so good for you.
  • tadburger
    tadburger Posts: 12
    Options
    typical male perhaps? (G)

But I can't tell the difference. Maybe it is because I love all yogurt!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It took me awhile to get used to the texture of Greek yogurt compared to other yogurt. If you buy the kind with fruit in it or add granola it isn't so obvious. Now, I can't STAND regular yogurt. It's way too runny. lol