Trim Healthy Mama Peeps

Options
Hi! I just started Trim Healthy Mama & I'm looking for friends who are doing it too!

Replies

• downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Starting today and would love to get the help and support too as I'm completely lost
  • beckster2223
    beckster2223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hoping my book gets here on Monday! It's time for a change.
  • leslieroads01
    leslieroads01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago. Love it so far and have more energy! I'm not perfectly on plan though probably about 80%
  • sherriyoung
    sherriyoung Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been doing thm for about 5 weeks. I love it. Been entering in each recipe to make sure I'm getting enough calories as past dieting strategies would leave me not eating enough and then binging the next day. MFP is helping keep that in check
  • blessedxs100
    blessedxs100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am starting Monday and would love any friends, help or tips!!
  • PPug05
    PPug05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am also following THM, if anyone wants to add me. :smile:
  • Irish_girl_77
    Irish_girl_77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What is Trim healthy mama?!???
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I need to check this out..is it a book with a diet program?
  • PPug05
    PPug05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It is more than a diet, but a lifestyle change. It is basically centering meals and snacks on a protein source with either 40 g max carbs & 5 g fat, healthy fats & lower carb, low carb& low fat or max 40 g carb and over 5 g fat. Also, the removal of added sugar, processed flours and other junk. Think whole foods with a twist. The book explains how carbs and fats are used in the body, how to pair foods and a lot of other things.
  • angwheeler
    angwheeler Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need to check this out!
  • Erinshealthdiscovery
    Erinshealthdiscovery Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started recently and really need the motivation and accountability. Looking for friends to encourage as well. I'm looking to lose around fifty pounds.
  • Northern37
    Northern37 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for my books to get here to give this a try. How is everyone liking it?? Feel free to friend me.
  • Erinshealthdiscovery
    Erinshealthdiscovery Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love it. One week actually staying on plan I lost six pounds. I'm not starving, I'm full.
  • caitibugaloo
    caitibugaloo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love Trim Healthy Mama. Pearl and Serene are funny and know what they're talking about! I would love to be friends with some other THM's and I don't mind answering questions about it. The books are pretty thorough, but I realize not everyone can/will get the books and read them.
  • Hopeful_Heidi
    Hopeful_Heidi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the THM plan and I'm so excited to learn and eventually share new recipes and tips.
  • RTMont
    RTMont Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a THM too. I've been doing it since Sept 2013 and Have been at goal weight since 1/2014. Unfortunately I have gained 8 lbs in the last several months. Usually I will gain a lb when I eat badly, but as soon as I eat on plan I would lose it. I wasnt even working out much and could maintain easily. My goal weight was still 10lbs away from where I should've been, but I hate to be too strict so I kept my original goal weight and didnt give myself a new one. Now, I am struggling. I don't cheat except at Bible Study. :( I need to work at that!! I am not sure if it is my hormones, I am 45, or some digestive issues I am having. So, in addition to THM and Fitbit, I am adding counting calories to see what my caloric intake verses what I burn each day is. I would love to have some accountability here!!