Support needed

Options
I joined myfitnesspal earlier this year and was doing brilliantly for a good number of weeks and now have completely lost the will and motivation to continue things and have slipped back into my bad habits these past few weeks.....so been piling the pounds on again. Any motivation and support would be much appreciated!!

Replies

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Blog about it. It helps me. Use the 'my blog' and write down your feelings. In the morning early. When you eat, when you binge, when you had a good day, when you make a good choice, when you make a bad one. You'll begin to see a pattern as to what's going on. For me, it was a huge eye opener.
  • amber22vanessa
    amber22vanessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's a great idea. I feel so unhealthy it's unreal. Need to get back on track asap. Where is this my blog section, can only see a generic blog but nothing personal.
  • sssandoval05
    sssandoval05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I had lost 30 pounds, and now it's all back. Need to lose 49 poinds to get to my goal weight! Add me for support!! I am dedicated!!
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Join challenges, log your weight daily, what you eat etc, so you can see your weight drop history

Graph of your weight for the last few weeks, so you can see how much you have lost

I also log my weight in a diary, but just looking at numbers doesn't really do much, but looking at a line steadily drop does
  • amber22vanessa
    Options
    Thanks!! Have to lose at least 5kgs till end of June/July have no idea how I am going to achieve that!!
  • Latitude11Courtney
    Latitude11Courtney Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The good news is that you are still here and you still have the desire to keep trying! Find something new about the journey that gets you excited again. Commit to it as you would commit to someone you love, yourself!!
  • amber22vanessa
    Options
    The good news is that you are still here and you still have the desire to keep trying! Find something new about the journey that gets you excited again. Commit to it as you would commit to someone you love, yourself!!

That's so true!! I am starting again today and trying to remain positive!!

Really appreciate all your words of encouragement!

• plami_9209
    plami_9209 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don`t give up! I stopped using MFP and started on the unhealthy habits as well. Although when I started gaining some of the weight back I started with baby steps again. My advice is, don`t stop eating the foods that you like, but find healthy and low cal. replacements for them, for example if you like ice cream, find a low fat yoghurt ad some fresh fruit in it and make it into a slushie (or something like that) then freeze it and BAM! you got some tasty low fat, low cal ice cream. There are a lot of tasty low cal recepies out there that you can try. Also find the type of excercise that you like doing, don`t try to go to the gym if you find it boring, that will only leave you depressed and demotivated. Add me as a friend and you can always write to me if you need support. Good luck
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think that's the key. Eat whatever foods you like so you don't become bored with the food in your diet. But be sure to stay at your goal calories. I look for low calorie and low fat versions of a food item. For example the store I shop at has reduced calorie ice cream that 65% less calories and fat than regular ice cream.
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know it can be hard, but when I reached 34 I weighed like 1 stone (200ish lbs), I knew just diets and just occasionally going to the gym was doing nothing for me, for me it had to be a lifestyle change, eating smart (same foods, not necessarily always healthy, but smaller portion,not depriving myself,staying within my calorific deficit and excersing smart (compound excersises, HIIT cardio) at the moment the the last half stone is proving difficult. Anyway good luck everyone.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Forget the weeks you weren't on track and start again!
    Pre log meals, buy groceries and plan it out.
  • amber22vanessa
    Options
    NA1979 wrote: »
    I know it can be hard, but when I reached 34 I weighed like 1 stone (200ish lbs), I knew just diets and just occasionally going to the gym was doing nothing for me, for me it had to be a lifestyle change, eating smart (same foods, not necessarily always healthy, but smaller portion,not depriving myself,staying within my calorific deficit and excersing smart (compound excersises, HIIT cardio) at the moment the the last half stone is proving difficult. Anyway good luck everyone.

I think maybe that's what I was doing wrong all along. Depriving myself of all the food I like completely instead of replacing it with smarter healthier options or cutting down on my portion size. Like I completely gave up chocolate and then after a few weeks when I lost all motivation I overdid it instead of having a bit every now and then.
  • amber22vanessa
    Options
    Forget the weeks you weren't on track and start again!
    Pre log meals, buy groceries and plan it out.

Thanks! Yes I have today and already feel a bit better that I have something to work towards :)
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    NA1979 wrote: »

I think maybe that's what I was doing wrong all along. Depriving myself of all the food I like completely instead of replacing it with smarter healthier options or cutting down on my portion size. Like I completely gave up chocolate and then after a few weeks when I lost all motivation I overdid it instead of having a bit every now and then.

Yeah have what you like in smaller portions , that way you won't binge and miss eating certain things, calorie is a calorie, doesn't matter if it comes from a big Mac or a salad.