My name is Sarah I have 80 lbs to loose

Options

No results for I am a 34 year old mother of 6 my biggest challenge is portion control ... And meal planning find it hard to eat low carb when that's an easy go quick for family .. Pasta .... PSW and care people all day in business know what's good bad but follow through myself procrastinator Hippocrate (so..?

Replies

• cresentmoongirl67
    cresentmoongirl67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I have a 100 to go. So far lost 10 with simple step changes. Started walking short distances when possible during the week. Started making a list of veggies that I like and am not allergic to and then started looking for 3-5 ingredient recipes with the veggies incorporated. I don't have much time for cooking so bag salads are great with vinegarette dressings while on the run. Using lettuce for bread or roll ups. Cucumbers hulled out for chicken or tuna salad. Hope this helps a little. I am bad to procrastinate on most things and this is my 1st time trying to diet. :neutral: Lets try to do this together. I don't have all the kids you do (mine is 23) but I do have age (49) on you and health issues I'm working through. :smile:
  • KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys and if your struggling with portion control this is what you should be eating http://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/directory/p/portion-size . Also i run a recipe club if your looking for recipe inspiration just ask for the link
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me!!!
  • tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Lose*...Can you eat separate from the kiddos? Veggies in a bag all ready to steam (think Marketside@Walmart) with lean proteins. A portion control plate with clearly marked areas, a food scale to weigh out what you're having. Can't eat fresh? How about Lean Cuisine or similar? already portioned out with calories on the package, add salad or steamed veggies on the side. A little bit of commitment to change can go a long way, you can do this.
  • mserrano30
    mserrano30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good morning add me!
  • TXCastillo15
    TXCastillo15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah I'm always looking for new friends please feel free to add me
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys and if your struggling with portion control this is what you should be eating http://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/directory/p/portion-size . Also i run a recipe club if your looking for recipe inspiration just ask for the link

Love it
  • obedient670
    obedient670 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I lost 80 pounds five years ago. I began by walking on treadmill, just walking. I didn't change my diet in the beginning. After about three months when the walking had become a routine habit I added healthier eating. No drastic changes, just little by little. Then added walk/run intervals on the treadmill until suddenly I was running the whole workout. Threw in a couple weight/cardio classes a week if I could find the time. For me, the key was gradual lifestyle changes. Each one motivated the next one.
    However, I'm here now to lose 25 or 30 pounds that have reattached themselves. So let's get moving, right? Friend me if you'd like. I'd love to challenge each other!