Meals to last all day for students

Options
porcpine09
porcpine09 Posts: 2 Member
I'm currently looking for some ideas and advice for what foods I can eat later on in the day. I'm currently in school from 7:30 am until 9 pm so I need foods that won't spoil easily and can microwaved quickly. My current macro goal are 50P/30C/20F . I'm also highly allergic to shellfish and nuts

Replies

• phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Your first investment might be a food thermos. If heated with hot water before you fill it, then dump water, and fill with HOT item, your hot item will stay hot for quite a few hours. Second investment would be a set of icepacks to keep your cold stuff safe. I am sorry to not give you recommendations other than jerky and cheese, since I'd most likely recommend nuts but those aren't good for you... good luck.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    very few things will spoil from being out of the fridge until lunch time... I pack leftovers of pretty much every type imaginable. For supper, maybe something like a sandwich, or something dry that you can add water to, fruits and vegetables etc... If you don't mind breakfast for supper then oatmeal -- and add whatever dried fruits or nuts or seeds that you like.
  • clarepearhealthkick
    clarepearhealthkick Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How about taking some oatmeal and fruit to get you through the morning, then a wrap with some lean protein and salad for lunch, fruit for afternoon snack or a protein bar or shake, then something like a stew or a hearty soup to have in the evening?
  • clarepearhealthkick
    clarepearhealthkick Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    porcpine09 wrote: »
    My current macro goal are 50P/30C/20F .
    These macros are super low! You're only going to be getting 500 cals a day with these numbers. Did you use a macros calculator to get them? IIFYM.com is good :smile:

• JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My current macro goal are 50P/30C/20F .
    These macros are super low! You're only going to be getting 500 cals a day with these numbers. Did you use a macros calculator to get them? IIFYM.com is good :smile:

Marcos are always the same, 50% protein will always be half whether its 500kcal, 1000kcal or 3000kcal.
    Not sure where you have plucked 500 cals from.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm currently looking for some ideas and advice for what foods I can eat later on in the day. I'm currently in school from 7:30 am until 9 pm so I need foods that won't spoil easily and can microwaved quickly. My current macro goal are 50P/30C/20F . I'm also highly allergic to shellfish and nuts

Rice dishes are always good for for reheating and you can freeze so can prepare as much as you like and it wont spoil. Lower carb option if you are going that way would be mixing up a big salad and cooking up some lean protein, this usually does my 4 days before spoil.

Can I ask why you have changed your macros to 50% protein with so little carb and fat? Seems a little excessive.
  • porcpine09
    porcpine09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Rice dishes are always good for for reheating and you can freeze so can prepare as much as you like and it wont spoil. Lower carb option if you are going that way would be mixing up a big salad and cooking up some lean protein, this usually does my 4 days before spoil.

Can I ask why you have changed your macros to 50% protein with so little carb and fat? Seems a little excessive.

my friend is a personal trainer so he's been giving me pointers- Originally my goals were at 40% protein and 40% carbs and 20% fat but after he did an evaluation on what I had been eating he said I need to shift more towards protein and less carbs because my deep love for carbs was excessive
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Any sort of fruit with a skin on it is good. Whole avocados, oranges, bananas, etc. You can mash up the avocado on your lunch break and spread it on bread to make a sandwich. Can you eat sunflower seeds? Because you can buy sunflower seed butter and use it for sandwiches as well.