Thighs are a problem!

Options
I lost a inch in a week and a half. I need help wondering about my thighs. Seems like nothing has thought to move there. Does anyone know any effective exercises to do to target that area. I know you can't target weight loss, but I want to know what exercises are effective for me to burn the fat off that area. I don't have a year to lose the weight from there only a matter of months. I'm trying to burn three inches from down there! Any suggestions?

Replies

• woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Walking (running, jogging), leg extentions and curls on the machines, pilates for abs and legs, squats and lunges just to name a few.

Thighs are my problem area as well and I have been able to lose about 2-3 inches and 3-5 lbs just from my thighs.
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    running. and beyond that, squats, lunges, things to build muscle there. there's no way to target fat loss there, but you can build muscle to eat that fat away over time. 3 inches in a few months may or may not be feasible depending on your body and how much you've got to lose... but if you lost 1.5 inches in a week, you should consider yourself blessed. not all of us have that type of speed with our thighs.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Increase your cardio, lunges, squats. Despite what some may like to say if you start building your muscle under fat it does tighten and as the fat melts away you look toned not flabby
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    That is always the last place to come off for me unfortunately! It'll come though! Tone them up by doing lunges and lots of squats until you can't stand the burn for another second. It'll tone them up which will suck things in and make them smaller. Plus, keep eating right and not too much salt. Good luck! You can do it. :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My legs have turned to rocks, just from walking..
  • slimothy89
    slimothy89 Posts: 61
    Options
    running. and beyond that, squats, lunges, things to build muscle there. there's no way to target fat loss there, but you can build muscle to eat that fat away over time. 3 inches in a few months may or may not be feasible depending on your body and how much you've got to lose... but if you lost 1.5 inches in a week, you should consider yourself blessed. not all of us have that type of speed with our thighs.

It not in my thighs. Its in my waist that i lost the inches. I have to lose 5 inches from somewhere in order to leave for basic training.
  • xlis
    xlis Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm exactly the same! Weight seems to be going from everywhere apart from my things! I found this website today, a few exercises that i'm going to try out to see if it works! hope it helps :)

http://www.fitness-training-at-home.com/inner-thigh-workout.html#powerpushes
  • slimothy89
    Options
    My legs have turned to rocks, just from walking..

Did you lose any inches there?
  • slimothy89
    Options
    That is always the last place to come off for me unfortunately! It'll come though! Tone them up by doing lunges and lots of squats until you can't stand the burn for another second. It'll tone them up which will suck things in and make them smaller. Plus, keep eating right and not too much salt. Good luck! You can do it. :)

Thanks alot! lol. I hate lunges, but I think they will work. Do you think mountain climbers will work for that area?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, wall sits, running, walking.
  • AngelaAbbott391
    Options
    I do 30 minutes of cardio (elliptical) a day. I can see my thighs are actually getting bigger, but my upper body is getting smaller. It is probably a similar situation with your body; You're probably building muscle there, and that's why it hasn't gotten smaller. Just work out your legs like everyone else says, the fat will come off. Just keep at it! :)
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My thighs are also a problem...good (wink) and bad! But, my bff is a personal trainer and he recommended a list of exercises to focus on legs in general, which in turn will burn fat in thighs. While in gym he suggested:
    Glutes (the standing kick back one)
    Leg Curls
    Standing Squats***
    Hip Abductor (although he doesnt really like this one)
    Sorry, i forgot the names of the other machines, but can email u tomo, if interested

Also, try workout dvds that focused on thighs...u can sample some "on demand"
  • Veronica1880
    Options
    like your comment lol !! =D
  • snappy45
    snappy45 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have fell in love with the elliptical machine. It excersises everything at once , it burns lots of calories and you will loose inches everywhere.
  • studswife
    studswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Squats...and not a little squat, crazy behind pass your knees upper body upright squat. I do these in Crossfit. Not only did I get a better behind but my thighs are looking good. I could never get them to stop touching.

Hope this helps.
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    I have the same problem and I started riding the stationary bike at the gym and I've seen results already and it's been about two weeks, I 've already lost an inch off my thighs and I'm loving it!! Sometime just switching up your routine helps alot!