Too sleepy, tired to eat

Options
rkit03
rkit03 Posts: 280 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I get home real late on the two days I work out during the week. It's so late that I can only eat something light like soup and some vegetables. Then I go to bed. Anything more or heavier and I end up with heartburn. I'm not able to eat back any of my exercise calories. Is that okay?

Sorry, I have to sleep now. Will check responses in the morning.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Eating back your exercise calories doesn't have to happen right after you exercise. It just means that if you are exercising you need to eat more. So if your calorie goal is 1500 daily and you burn 300 calories daily with exercise, then you should eat 1600-1800 daily.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat more the next day perhaps.
    Some people look at their calories for the whole week instead of seven 24 hours periods.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Many people do this on a weekly basis. If you can't meet a goal on a certain day, you can make up for it. Or you can eat more earlier in the day.

Not meeting your goal occasionally is not a huge deal. If it becomes more the norm, then you need to reassess and change the way you eat throughout the day (or week).
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Just slam down 25 grams protein after workout, and go to bed. All should be good. :)
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Oh ok. Thanks for your responses @kimny72 , @RodaRose, and @Dnarules ! I didn't even think of seeing things on a weekly rather than daily basis. I'm glad I can make up for it another day.