Sweet tooth!

Options
Any ideas on desserts that are okay?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    All desserts are okay, you just dish up a small enough portion to fit your calorie goals.

I love Mars ice cream bars.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Best to kick the habit! ;)
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love making fruit sorbets from frozen mixed berries, mango cheeks. Using a cold press machine- there may be other ways if you don't have one. A dollop of good yogurt and maybe a few slivered almonds. Optional drizzle of honey
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    All desserts are okay, you just dish up a small enough portion to fit your calorie goals.

Pretty much. When I am on a cut, I do a bowl of fruit with cool whip. When I maintain I do a nightly Klondike. I just need greater volume when I am on a cut, even at 2500 calories.

In the end, it all comes down to dietary context. So have chocolate, ice cream or whatever else you enjoy, just make sure it fits into your calories.
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ...apple grumble with yogurt. Rhubarb pie. Sure any sweet sickly deserts OK if you only look at calories and not the nutritional benefit, antioxidant etc
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

This.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Pretty much. When I am on a cut, I do a bowl of fruit with cool whip. When I maintain I do a nightly Klondike. I just need greater volume when I am on a cut, even at 2500 calories.

In the end, it all comes down to dietary context. So have chocolate, ice cream or whatever else you enjoy, just make sure it fits into your calories.

Yep. When I'm cutting, I find that cereal is a good dessert alternative, because I can have more volume than ice cream. Popsicles are good too, since they are typically lower calorie.

• psuLemon
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »

Yep. When I'm cutting, I find that cereal is a good dessert alternative, because I can have more volume than ice cream. Popsicles are good too, since they are typically lower calorie.

I never thought of cereal for desert. That is brilliant! Here I come lucky charms!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Have to love a nice big ice cream sundae with chocolate brownie bits in it....
  • psuLemon
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    People reinforcing to themselves and others that CICO is okay. If you can't let go of desserts, might want to evaluate that motivation.

That is fine to have that belief, but many of us have very solid diet and having 10% of our diets dedicated to a treat helps keep us on track, which addresses they psychological aspect of fitness (which, by the way, is a huge aspect). The fact is, many of us can address our nutritional requirements prior to having desert. And since you don't get extra credit for exceeding your nutritional requirements, then why not incorporate desert into your regime?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownies and cheesecake bars.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I re-trained myself to take a shot glass of ice cream instead of a bowl. One fluid ounce. If that's not enough I top it with whipped cream, which doesn't add too much to the calorie count since a lot of it is air.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    This time of year strawberries are just coming into season. Fresh strawberries with real home made whipped cream. :p