Need advice (female advice)

Options
2»

Replies

• jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Might be a little TMI, but have an orgasm. Helps me sometimes.
  • tryasimighty
    tryasimighty Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Evening primrose oil, not quick fix but as a long term thing. I have been taking it every day for about 3 months and only realised half way through this period that it has been almost pain free! I saw a programme about it being used in higher strength doses to treat all sorts of menstrual related issues, included chronic breast pains, and it worked! Don't spend your life accepting this as normal, there are many things that can help!! Good luck!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I'm already on birth control... And I have talked to my doctor about everything. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. My OB said the bleeding and cramps should lighten up once I have a child, but I'm not even 18 yet so that's a long way off... Thank you all for the advice! I'll try some of it that I haven't already

So your OB basically told you to deal with it? No techniques to handle it or suggestions for pain meds? Just assumed you'll have children and *that* will 'cure' you? I'd switch doctors. I also agree with @bigcountry0430 about possibly switching birth control. I'm not overly familiar with bc, but my OB did mention putting me on a 'stronger' dose just because I was spotting between periods.
  • IamEleni
    IamEleni Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @abigailridler You can try something natural because all those pills and stuff could ruin your stomach and your liver. Try having cinnamon, maybe on toasted bread with butter, or if you don't want to eat, just try and take a spoonful of it and rinse it down with water. If your allergic to cinnamon them you could try eating a banana and avoid caffeine like the plague. Hope this helps :blush:
  • goatette
    goatette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @abigailridler Sorry for being late to respond, but I'm in my mid 30s, and have also had cramping & low back pain monthly problems, as well as hormonal acne since the teens too. The only thing that has helped - aside from downing Midol/Advil, is the Floliving diet - floliving.com
    It has reduced the cramp days to minimal if I stray a bit, to none at all.
    Hope it helps!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    NSAIDs (ibuprofen, salisalate, regular strength aspirin, naproxen, etc.)should help with cramps, if you don't have any contraidications, you may have to try a few to see which one works better for you. Exercise helps as well, nothing strenous until you are done bleeding. Stay away from sun. Feel better
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I had to get prescription medication for my cramps. They were so bad I would throw up. The meds helped a ton!
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Gone girl. OP deactivated.
    giphy.gif