Loving Billy Blanks Tae Bo :)

Options
I just started really doing Billy Banks Tae Bo and I am loving it!!! i don't do it everyday but a few times a week.

When I 1st started Tae Bo 3 months ago, I couldn't handle more then 5-10 min and had to stop, Now, I can complete
the entire routine and if he does a move that I can't follow I just do a move that I can do so i am still working it.

I did the Full Throttle Amped for the 1st time yesterday and Love,Love Love it!!

Anyone else Love Tae Bo??

I hope this will make a difference in my body and help me to shed some pounds.

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I havent done Tae Bo in a LONG time!! I think I still have it and should pull it out.
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to do it ALL THE TIME about 10 years ago. LOVED it! I should get them back out. My favorite was the Tae Bo LIVE Advanced workout.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I got the cassette set when it came out in the 90s never made it through a full workout. Have you seen that his son does workouts dvds now?
    Cassette? That doesnt sound right. what are the videos called ?? It has been so long.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have This Is Tae Bo, an hour long DVD, and I LOVE it! I used to have to stop 3 times during it to catch my breath but I keep up now. I noticed when I stopped doing it for awhile my shoulders and arms lost some of their power, so I started doing it once a week. It's the best, and I burn a lot of calories. I don't burn what the database says, but I burn a lot for me.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Billy is a great motivator and it is a fun program! Glad you found something you enjoy so much...joy is the most important part of the process!

I was working in the fitness and martial arts industry through my youg adult hood. I had the oppotunity to meet Billy on several ocassion, including a roll out class for Tae Bo that he taught persoanlly, and he always just like that in real life.

Rock on!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I got the cassette set when it came out in the 90s never made it through a full workout. Have you seen that his son does workouts dvds now?
    Cassette? That doesnt sound right. what are the videos called ?? It has been so long.

VHS
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have those dvds too! I started them a million years ago or so, but was too heavy to move let alone kick box, but I'm gonna get them out today and start doing it!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options

VHS

Right! lol wow
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i'm currently using his 'energize' and 'abs & glutes' dvd's i do one of them everyday although i have'nt seen much weightloss there has been an improvement in my fitness & body tone. I love doing tae-bo it does'nt feel like working out :)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options

Yes I have and I have been meaning to rent them from Netflix.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    You guys are going to lol at me but the Full Throttle and several others require that long baar like some have the Billy Bands
    which I need to buy. Anyway yesterday i was lookin for something arouns the house to use as the Bar lol and I found this thing
    that you can buy at the store that has a sponge on the end that you can unscrew and take the sponge off, i think it was used to clean bathtubs and showers so that you can reach it better. Anyway, I haven't used that in forever so I decided to use that for the
    Bar hehe, Its almost the same length but just a tad bit shorter and it will work for now so i used it last night to workout.

Had a great workout too lol :)
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh My...I did the Tae Bo tapes 8 years ago and I got a 4 pack out of it(not quite a six pack). I loved it! Now you got me interested in doing it again especially since I gained some weight since then. I loved those tapes...I just hope my VHS player works! LOL
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Did Tae bo years ago......Loved it! Had great results! Really into INSANITY now and Bob Harpers Upper Strength workout....Keep up the good work Tizz!
  • rukusmay
    rukusmay Posts: 5
    Options
    I love that you posted this! I JUST pulled my tae bo out last night- YES! The VHS :) I knew I was keeping that VCR around for something. I know when I did tae bo with Billy a decade ago- I lost a ton of weight quickly and toned super fast!

I was thinking I needed a new routine and Billy is fun! I agree with the posts- as long as you are loving it, stick with it.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I used to do Tae Bo and have been thinking lately that I should pull it out again. I used to only be able to do 20 minutes or so. Wonder if I could do the whole workout now?? I may just have to pull it out tonight and see!!

I have the same one that you are talking about. With the bar. :smile:
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    I Love it enough to do everyday........ But my body will not allow it, I know after doing it last night I was really sore
    this morning and the side of my right knee hurt as did my legs. No Tae Bo for me tonight. Getting ready to do
    exercise in a few.

I am glad that my thread is causing ppl to get out there "OLD" VHS Tae Bo videos lol, Lets get those VCR's out
    and dust them off so that we may "ALL" do Tae Bo!!!!
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Ooh i've got the Billy Blanks collection (or whatever it's called, it's 3 dvd's I think?) and I used to really enjoy it, I might do that again on the odd days to mix things up. Do you know what I found really weird, he seems to be actually talking to you at some points, like at the exact moment you get the move right, he'll say "now you've got it" or something like that. Creepy! I love him and his lycra outfits though, it's all good fun :)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Ooh i've got the Billy Blanks collection (or whatever it's called, it's 3 dvd's I think?) and I used to really enjoy it, I might do that again on the odd days to mix things up. Do you know what I found really weird, he seems to be actually talking to you at some points, like at the exact moment you get the move right, he'll say "now you've got it" or something like that. Creepy! I love him and his lycra outfits though, it's all good fun :)

Oh yeah, cracks me up every time hehe, Anyone have any Billy Bands they want to donate to me lol!!! Seriously though if your not into Tae Bo with Billy I'll take them Bands :) ;p
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Bump
  • Peruminicana86
    Options
    I love Billy! But i really hated him at first. LOL. I have Billy Blanks Bootcamp cardio inferno. The workout is about 50mins long. The first time i did it I only made it about 5mins into the workout. Very sad.