new momma :)

Options
Hi there! My son is 10 months old now so I think it's time to start losing this weight! I work 2 jobs (one full time and one from home)so it's hard to fit the exercising in so I get discouraged. My husband tries to help :) All I have time for is talking my son for walks and I feel like I'm not burning enough calories (I do love taking my son for walks though!). Any new moms out there in the same boat? Glad to have found this site!

Replies

• sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm in same boat. I'm a Mom of 4 the youngest is 6 months. A lot of time I either have to wake up stupid early in the am or really late at night. Feel free to add me :)
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I actually lost all my baby weight with my first baby with just walking every day and watching my calories. Try walking about 30-45 minutes everyday and add a workout video at home a few days a week. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is great because it's only 20 minutes and it's a great workout. I started getting up about 30 minutes earlier to workout before my boys got up and then would take them for a walk with me when I got home from work and that worked really well for me. Good luck!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    not in the same boat but i can suggest jillian michaels 30 day shred it, only 35 minutes warm up and cool down included. Lots of people on here have used it and got really good results
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Let me add that I lost about 50 pounds doing just the walking after my first baby. With the second one, losing weight was harder and I had gained more, so I had to change it up a bit.
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Try running after him in the park or playground for a couple of hours. :-)
  • lorilynette
    Options
    I've got 4 kiddos and often do babysitting and respite for others. I've realized that my biggest weapon right now is controlling my food, but when I can I add walks. I can't go everyday, but I go at least 3 times a week. I've lost 16 lbs so far, so it's working! Add me as a friend if you want and good luck!
  • MyBabysMamma
    Options
    I feel the same.. the only exercise I seem to get is out walking with the baby or playing fitness games once he goes to sleep!!! :) But you're doing good to be getting out and everything counts so well done!!! My little boy is just 8 months old.. but very energetic, and I want to be able to keep up with him, which is what's motivating me!! :)

Feel free to add me! :)
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Also in the same boat. I have an adorable eight month old.

After working all day, I like to give him my full attention in the evenings (except on Monday night when I play tennis. It's gotten too hot to take him for walks, so I've started working out very early in the morning before he and my hubby wake up.
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    In the same boat - I too work full time as an RN and the only free time I have is late evenings - like after 7 pm to work out. I try to work out 5 times a week, but it is challenging at times with a 5 1/2 month old, husband, and 2 dogs:) Thinking about getting up at 4:45am to work out, but that just sounds crazy -lol! I will add you - the more support the better and good luck to you and your postpartum weight loss!
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Also a new mom! Not so new now, my daughter is a year old. Good luck!