Sleep

Options
I struggle in the middle of the afternoon to stay awake - anyone any tips of something to give me a boost

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Coffee or green tea?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Green Tea. OR

If you get a 15 min break in the afternoon, you could ask a coworker to take a little walk with you to clear your head.
  • lisa_milbourn
    Options
    Coffee or green tea?

Coffee has to be decaf so not sure it'll work
    Green tea - willing to try
  • arzimmerman
    arzimmerman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I close my office door and do some squats or lunges to get my blood moving. Or I go to the bathroom (we have a large one person women's bathroom) and I do jumping jacks in there.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i drink water a lot so i have to get up and go to the bathroom, or pull out a snack with high protein/carbs so you don't just get a sugar crash
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    An apple, or get up and move. Research has shown that an apple is more effective than coffee at providing an energy boost. I usually eat an apple everyday between 2:30 and 3:30 pm and never have the afternoon lull.
  • butturfly2021
    Options
    5 hour energy....gets me going everytime and i only drink half only when i need the boost....or i get away from my desk and go walk around for about 10 mins...:smile:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Aim for a high-protein, low-carb lunch. I always drop off if I have a heavy carb lunch like pasta or a baguette.
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I struggle in the middle of the afternoon to stay awake - anyone any tips of something to give me a boost

Your diet... why do you think you're tired in the afternoon versus the early evening (or any other time)? As it was already mentioned, shoot for higher protein and lower carbohydrates at lunch.

Forget stimulants, I drink coffee and and tea, neither in excess nor to compensate for energy levels. You're tired because you're bonking after a blood sugar spike.

Food is energy and if you're tired after eating than things are out of balance.