Shakeology

Options
Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone has tried shakeology and what your thoughts are. It is a bit pricey but if it's worth it I don't mind spending the money. Curious your thoughts and results?
Thank you!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Save your money, eat at a deficit.
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that has been using the shakes for over a year and I do not see any difference in her weight.

Don't waste your money
  • drummondk
    drummondk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Shakeology isn't a weight loss shake. Simply drinking it won't make you lose weight. I drink it every day for breakfast, eat at a calorie deficit, and exercise daily. I love it. It helps with my cravings and helps keep me full. It also has lots of nutrients. I enjoy it, but to each their own.
  • Lindsay375
    Lindsay375 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I tried it. By the time I added a banana, peanut butter, and almond milk in order for it to taste halfway decent I was drinking a +300 calorie shake that was not filling and still tasted bad to me. Its also REALLY expensive. The kicker is BB coaches will say its cheaper than your daily coffee...except I would NEVER spend $4/day on Starbucks, so its adding money I wouldn't be spending. I share my husband's protein powder which is much less than $1/serving and provides me the protein when my day is lacking, but only use it as a supplement...you know actually supplementing my diet instead of being a diet.

If its the nutritional aspect of it you would like than track everything and adjust your nutrition to make sure you are getting everything you need. I sometimes take a multi-vitamin because I know I am missing out on some stuff because of what I choose to eat.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Save over thousands $$$ a year.
    Buy a protein powder from walmart and take a multivitamin with it.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    It's not worth it. If you are looking for a protein supplement there are cheaper and better tasting out there.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    It's just another expensive MLM scheme that preys on people's desperation to lose weight.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a loud resounding no. So much nope. If you're wanting shakes for convenience, there are tons of better protein and meal replacement shakes out there. If you think you need them to lose weight because that's what all the cool kids are doing, you really don't need them. To lose weight you must eat and drink at a deficit.
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I noticed at Wal-Mart the other day they had a generic version called Omnihealth- it said on the box "compare to Shakeology" you might check that out! I love a blended protein shake in the mornings! Helps me meet my protein for the day with few fats/carbs.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Nope. It is a huge waste of money. You don't need it to lose weight. As many other people said, just eat a caloric deficit. That will help you lose weight. If you would like a shake as a breakfast replacement, you can easily make one with frozen fruit, almond milk, protein powder, and can even use greek yogurt in them as well. Don't buy into weight loss gimmicks.
  • Cinbeth
    Cinbeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You guys are great thank you for the honest feedback! I currently drink a shake I love for breakfast but was curious with all the nutrients and things from shakeology. I'm going to pass and just stick with workouts.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's a subpar product with a price tag that is ridiculous. Plain and simple, don't waste your time with that crap. As a bonus, you won't be pressured by Beachbody coaches with 0 knowledge about nutrition to buy it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    over priced garbage that has nothing to do with health, fitness, or weight loss.
  • bathmatt12345
    bathmatt12345 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I thought this was on martini's, never mind..
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Just buy a protein powder. EAS has some good ones. I have 2, one that's chocolate and one that's unflavored. Both were at most $30-40 each.
  • nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Oooh, but a protein martini DOES sound delightful. Sign me up for that!
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Shakology, and I think there is a misconception about what it's intended use is. It is not intended nor is it marketed as as a 'weight loss' shake, and it's most definitely NOT a protein supplement! If you're looking for either one of these things Shakeology is not for you at all. Suggest going to your local GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and speaking to somebody about what you're actually looking for. Shakeology is a health shake it's called the Healthiest Meal of the Day, that as a byproduct 'can' assist with weight loss as a part of an exercise and diet program. Personally, I agree and I've taken it for a long time because it makes me feel FANTASTIC! I can tell by how my body feels on days that I don't take it.

I hope one takes time before they put anything like this into their bodies to do their research as well by looking at the back of the package to see what sortof sugar/carbs and garbage is in some of these cheap products that make them taste better or 'just as good'. Google the ingredients of Shakeology yourself, it is a combination of a whole mess of things that are AWESOME for your body (Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fats and proteins). It is a bit more pricey than some other supplements, but it just has far more high quality ingredients that I'd have to take several pills to get elsewhere. My OMEGA 3-6-9 alone was $20 a month for the decent quality pills. Shakeology is about $4 a serving, I wouldn't pay that much each day for coffee I don't think there was ever a comparison to that. If however, you take it in place of an entire meal, you will save a fortune. Take a look at what the average 'healthy' meal will cost you, my guess is about $6-10.

Do you need it to lose weight? Absolutely NOT! Is it good for you, promote a healthy diet overall? In my Opinion...ABSOLUTELY!!!...and worth every penny.

BTW I do not sell Shakeology, but I do belong to Beachbody just to get the discount on it...

• bathmatt12345
    bathmatt12345 Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Olives are a vegie and full of heart healthy fats..
    nfpswife wrote: »

Oooh, but a protein martini DOES sound delightful. Sign me up for that!

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    ewhsweets wrote: »
    I LOVE Shakology, and I think there is a misconception about what it's intended use is. It is not intended nor is it marketed as as a 'weight loss' shake, and it's most definitely NOT a protein supplement! If you're looking for either one of these things Shakeology is not for you at all. Suggest going to your local GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and speaking to somebody about what you're actually looking for. Shakeology is a health shake it's called the Healthiest Meal of the Day, that as a byproduct 'can' assist with weight loss as a part of an exercise and diet program. Personally, I agree and I've taken it for a long time because it makes me feel FANTASTIC! I can tell by how my body feels on days that I don't take it.

I hope one takes time before they put anything like this into their bodies to do their research as well by looking at the back of the package to see what sortof sugar/carbs and garbage is in some of these cheap products that make them taste better or 'just as good'. Google the ingredients of Shakeology yourself, it is a combination of a whole mess of things that are AWESOME for your body (Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fats and proteins). It is a bit more pricey than some other supplements, but it just has far more high quality ingredients that I'd have to take several pills to get elsewhere. My OMEGA 3-6-9 alone was $20 a month for the decent quality pills. Shakeology is about $4 a serving, I wouldn't pay that much each day for coffee I don't think there was ever a comparison to that. If however, you take it in place of an entire meal, you will save a fortune. Take a look at what the average 'healthy' meal will cost you, my guess is about $6-10.

Do you need it to lose weight? Absolutely NOT! Is it good for you, promote a healthy diet overall? In my Opinion...ABSOLUTELY!!!...and worth every penny.

BTW I do not sell Shakeology, but I do belong to Beachbody just to get the discount on it...

At 140 calories, it is also not a meal replacement. Additionally, a bowl of oatmeal, a banana, and a hard-boiled egg costs right around $1, so much less than that shake. Heck, I could add a certified gluten-free protein shake to that and come out at less than $2; not only is Shakeology twice as expensive, but it has the additional disadvantage of being not certified gluten free.