Dr McDougall way of eating

Options
Looking for others that are eating the McDougall way of eating!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat my way of eating! :D
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    so do I lol my way is what I love!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Dr. McDougall is the founder and director of the nationally renowned McDougall Program: a ten-day residential program that he and Mary McDougall host at a luxury resort in Santa Rosa, CA where medical miracles occur through diet and lifestyle changes.

Full Participant (medical care, laboratory, etc.)
    $5,460/person (double)
    $6,060/person (single)

Humanity is doomed.

Breast cancer is a dominant fear for many women. Fortunately, it’s also largely a preventable disease with the right diet and a healthy lifestyle. Contrary to what most people hope for, early detection by mammography causes more harm than good. Radical surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy are brutal remedies universally prescribed to women with breast cancer, yet they provide little survival benefit. Hormone manipulation is of some value, however the best and most overlooked approach for treating breast cancer is a change in diet and exercise.

Due to modern medical belief in early detection with PSA testing, diagnosis of prostate cancer has increased at least 10-fold in the past 2 decades. But many doctors will tell patients that testing does more harm than good because over 90% of men diagnosed will not die from this disease. Those few who have an aggressive form are usually far beyond the reach of current therapies at the time of diagnosis. Considering the terrible side effects of surgical intervention against the small likelihood of any benefit, the McDougall Program is almost always the best option for dealing with prostate cancer.

As someone who spends his days working with children with cancer, I can say, in my professional opinion this guy is a *kitten* idiot.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The politest thing i can say is Scare mongerer. ...having watched friends and family die of cancer (one went natural remedies and still died) the guys a chuffing moron
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Dr. McDougall is the founder and director of the nationally renowned McDougall Program: a ten-day residential program that he and Mary McDougall host at a luxury resort in Santa Rosa, CA where medical miracles occur through diet and lifestyle changes.

Full Participant (medical care, laboratory, etc.)
    $5,460/person (double)
    $6,060/person (single)

Humanity is doomed.

Breast cancer is a dominant fear for many women. Fortunately, it’s also largely a preventable disease with the right diet and a healthy lifestyle. Contrary to what most people hope for, early detection by mammography causes more harm than good. Radical surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy are brutal remedies universally prescribed to women with breast cancer, yet they provide little survival benefit. Hormone manipulation is of some value, however the best and most overlooked approach for treating breast cancer is a change in diet and exercise.

Due to modern medical belief in early detection with PSA testing, diagnosis of prostate cancer has increased at least 10-fold in the past 2 decades. But many doctors will tell patients that testing does more harm than good because over 90% of men diagnosed will not die from this disease. Those few who have an aggressive form are usually far beyond the reach of current therapies at the time of diagnosis. Considering the terrible side effects of surgical intervention against the small likelihood of any benefit, the McDougall Program is almost always the best option for dealing with prostate cancer.

As someone who spends his days working with children with cancer, I can say, in my professional opinion this guy is a *kitten* idiot.

It's not April 1st yet. Could you please repost this on Friday?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    McDougall Program Diet Reviews:
    Read Why This Is The WORST Diet Book Written In The History Of Mankind

https://www.enlita.com/blog/mcdougall-program-diet-review-criticism

Grade: F Dr. McDougall writes a book based on misinformation (hogwash) in a attempt to convert you to his vegan (no animal products) agenda.

In summary, the McDougall Program is basically false propaganda to convert people to veganism. I am not opposed to veganism but I am opposed to the misinformation that was presented by Dr. McDougall.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    McDougall's diet works because it a "restriction" diet. You only eat really bland food, and therefore don't want to eat as much since the food stinks. In general, most "restriction" diets fail in the long run because you'll eventually get sick of missing out on good tasting food.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Never mind. New answer:
    I looked at foods you can't eat. I could not stick to this for more than a month.
    https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/free-mcdougall-program/steps-to-recovery/foods-not-allowed/
    I like diets/ healthy eating programs I can stick to for life.
    Take a look at the Mediterranean diet
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Been there - done that - ain't going back! Not a healthy diet at all!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Food doesn't cure or prevent cancer.
    I can't.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »

Grade: F Dr. McDougall writes a book based on misinformation (hogwash) in a attempt to convert you to his vegan (no animal products) agenda.

In summary, the McDougall Program is basically false propaganda to convert people to veganism. I am not opposed to veganism but I am opposed to the misinformation that was presented by Dr. McDougall.

anytime i see someone refer to veganisim as some kind of agenda i can't help but roll my eyes and laugh

xk8jvk39tnnf.gif

dont mind me just making my evil vegan plans
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    OP i eat a fairly high carb vegan diet but i am not strict nor do i follow dr.mcdougall , i like my food to taste flavorful and interesting i also like lots of variety so i do not find his diet sustainable for me

however i do feel great eating high carb and like to look up "high carb vegan" recipes for dinner ideas

i also like to eat some junky vegan food moderately because it keeps me sane tho :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Dr McDougall claims on his website that he has CURED many people with severe ulcerative colitis by having them cut dairy out of their diets. Sure dairy is a common trigger but THERE IS NO CURE FOR UC except removing the entire large intestine which only stops the GI part of the disease (it is an autoimmune disease so there are other non GI symptoms).

One huge false claim and I only looked at one disease
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'd rather go on a meat-only diet.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    Wetcoaster wrote: »

anytime i see someone refer to veganisim as some kind of agenda i can't help but roll my eyes and laugh

xk8jvk39tnnf.gif

dont mind me just making my evil vegan plans

When someone claims veganism cures tons of incurable diseases, etc yes they have an agenda.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    McDougall's diet works because it a "restriction" diet. You only eat really bland food, and therefore don't want to eat as much since the food stinks. In general, most "restriction" diets fail in the long run because you'll eventually get sick of missing out on good tasting food.

Dr. Fuhrman's diet is a lot like this. I couldn't stick to it because, quite frankly, the food was nasty.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have read quite a bit about Dr. McDougall and while I'm not sure if I agree with everything, a good deal of it makes some sense to me. When i experimented with it and ate according to his recommended plan, I actually feel really good, probably because fatty or oily foods often upset my stomach. I encourages veggies, which is a good thing! So to the OP, if you feel better eating this way, and you find you are meeting your personal health/nutrition goals, I say go for it!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's like the reverse of some forms of keto. He claims that if you eat starches you won't get fat, even if you overeat by a lot. This is not credible.
  • cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow some aggression here lol. I don't follow his 'way of eating' I didn't realize that was a thing. But I do love his soups!! He has a ton of different soups and they are all cheap and amazing. I hear them up with the keurig at work!
  • cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OP, you should watch Forks Over Knives it's a documentary on Netflix it's very interesting.