"I won't let myself get over *blank* lbs"

Options
Did anyone ever think this? I remember in high school (where I was overweight too...I've always been overweight). I used to say things like "Well, I'm not over 200 yet so I'm fine". .... Then when I started stressing about my weight because it got close to 200....it was more like "OMG if I go over 200lbs I'm going to stop eating" (remember high school...drama...oiy...haha) ...

Then for years I just stopped looking at the scale, and when I finally did, I was at 272lbs! WTF?

My friend just got me thinking about this. Her husband started working out with her because he stepped on the scale and was at 215...and he always thought like that "I'm not over 200, so I'm fine".

Did anyone have that "safe" number that let you feel like you were fine living the way you lived?

Replies

• urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I didn't before but I certainley do now. I will NEVER be 170 pounds again.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Before I got back on the bandwagon, I said no to going over 200 and then I weighed in and it said 201 so I got my rear in gear and started getting it back off!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I always told myself I'd never ever let myself go over 170 lbs.

Haha... :(
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i actually STILL have that. 140. as soon as i get there, i know i have to face it. 139.8 and im fine... but 140 and it starts all over again.

my new goal is to just maintain a healthy lifestyle so that number never creeps back into my life. i'm 136 now and on the right track.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I always said "If I ever hit a size 20 I swear I'll just stop eating."

I think at my max I could fit in a 22-24. I always was able to convince myself everything just ran small. lol
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    150lbs was mine and i got back up to 159lb before i found this site. most i have ever weighed was 215lb when i was 9 months pregnant. I never want to be that size again. I hope to get down 10 more and when i have another baby i hope to stay active and only gain no more than 25lbs. :S
  • snaught
    snaught Posts: 8
    Options
    130. At a nice 122 now..which was easy to deny until everything quit fitting haha. I just told myself everything shrunk...dryer's fault!!! not mine!!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    yeah, mine was 125. i got to 148 :(
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I remember being in, I believe, 4th grade and saying something along those lines at the 100lb mark.

I now say that I will never be 280 again (highest ever). I've actually amended this to 240 as this is where I had let myself slip up to due to returning to my old ways and I decided to take action.
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    My number was 150.. as long as I never got over 150 I was "safe". Of course, that changed lol :P
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    No but my fiance gave me until I was 400lbs before he'd stop touching me lol he said he's still love me, but no touching
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Mine was 200....then 250....then 275. I now consider every pound lost as one I don't want to see again.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I was like that. I used to tell myself, "as long as I'm not over 180, it's okay." I would get close, freak out, and hit the gym for a streak.
    Then I got busy, missed the scale, stepped on at 184 and cried.
    Truth is, I'm sure I'll still be like that once I get to my goal weight. :\
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I did have that number and I still do, but in a different way...it used to be "I'd die if i were heavier than..." but now when I get to my goal weight I will use that number more of a way to measure my maintenance. I will know that if i I don't stay +\-5 lbs to that weight then I know I need to re-evaluate whatever new eating habits I'm forming. I've been at my goal weight before and somehow let myself slosh but surely gain and I will never again let myself be in a position of having to lose 60lbs! I will catch it before it gets that far!
  • MissMichellemybelle
    MissMichellemybelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Haha yep, definitely had that moment. I said I wouldn't get over 150 lbs. Well, I went to military bootcamp, worked and sweat my butt off, did more physical exercise than I've ever done in my whole life, and came home weighing more than when I went! (And also came home with a side of muscular man shoulders. Push ups...oy!) So then I thought "well that 150 mark is crap then, cuz I am SO super fit". Didn't weigh myself for nearly a year, and then I was 160!! 160 for sure was my breaking point. I lost all that bootcamp muscle and replaced it with chub. Currently 161 with highest at 164. Never again will I let myself weigh this much, and when I get under 150 that again will be the limit (unless I go to bootcamp again :)
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Totally! When I was 180 I was just happy that I wasn't over 200. When I realized that I was over 200 I set up limits that I would never get to 220 then it was 230 so on and so forth. My husband was actually the one who bought the awesome scale that I use today, when I got on it for the first time I could not believe that I was almost 260! Even though I had seen that dreadful number it still didn't kick my butt into gear! It wasn't until I decided that I was going to take my hubby to Six Flags for his birthday that I thought, I wonder if I'm too big to fit on any of the rides. That day, April 13 of this year I had finally decided that enough was enough! I can not wait to get into the 100's again!
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Not in the past....obviously....that is why I got up to 327 lbs....on a 5'4" frame. Now, I'm NOT going back. I have changed my eating and exercise habits PERMANENTLY. I have brought my friends and my family along with me. They hate to eat around me because I will tell them he amount of cals and fat in everything. I made them listen to the fat and cals in quite a few entrees and desserts at some of our favorite restaurants just last night. My journey has been very public with friends and family because I would hate to have to explain why I "Let myself go" again!
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I remember telling myself I will never go over 130...then it became 140....then finally 150 came around and that was the final straw. It's funny how we procrastinate and negotiate with ourselves but when it comes to other people we are so strict.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I was 5'9" and 135 in high school. My number back then was 160. My big "oh ****" number was in reality 210, the weight that made me realize I had a serious problem that had to be addressed.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I always said "If I ever hit a size 20 I swear I'll just stop eating."

I think at my max I could fit in a 22-24. I always was able to convince myself everything just ran small. lol

At one point I switched over to all loose fitting clothes (like the stretchy dress pants etc)....and then I went to buy some jeans and it was like Holy Crap...26??