Your favorite brand of cottage cheese?

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I'm a bit in a cottage cheese kick right now, I started with Friendship and got some Daisy this time, and but I admit that Friendship was tastier. What's everyone's favorite brand? I don't mind trying store brand, so I'm open to that too (I only have Shop Rite/Wegmans/Acme/Target/Trader Joe's in the area though).

I've only bought full fat though (I know some brands don't seem to come in full fat) and I wonder if 2% makes a huge difference? I couldn't seem to find no sodium added versions in full fat either.

Get a block of farmers cheese. Mix that to your desired preference with greek yogurt. Thank me later :)

I don't know where I'd find farmers cheese either.

Your Wegmans should have farmers cheese.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Lucerne 1% no salt added. I probably don't need to watch my sodium but I like to anyway. :)

This is the same for me as well. I prefer to add whatever flavors to it myself rather than have it already loaded with sodium. Texture of this brand is good, too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2016
    minizebu wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I'm a bit in a cottage cheese kick right now, I started with Friendship and got some Daisy this time, and but I admit that Friendship was tastier. What's everyone's favorite brand? I don't mind trying store brand, so I'm open to that too (I only have Shop Rite/Wegmans/Acme/Target/Trader Joe's in the area though).

I've only bought full fat though (I know some brands don't seem to come in full fat) and I wonder if 2% makes a huge difference? I couldn't seem to find no sodium added versions in full fat either.

Get a block of farmers cheese. Mix that to your desired preference with greek yogurt. Thank me later :)

I don't know where I'd find farmers cheese either.

Your Wegmans should have farmers cheese.

Ok now I'm curious. I'll try that next time I go there for sure.

The sodium thing isn't a health issue for me, I just find that cottage cheese is a bit too salty for me and I'd rather have it without added sodium. Just can't find full fat cottage cheese without added sodium. But I guess I should try the 2% stuff next time.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    #1 - Byrne Dairy #2 Breakstone
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    I look at the ingredients before buying. Breakstone has too many additives. Daisy has only 3 ingredients. Taste is important but so is keeping it healthy.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Cabot.

• Lancerchick86
    Lancerchick86 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm not sure if you would have this product or not but my favourite, and only one I will eat, is Sealtest 1% cottage cheese. Yum!!
  • Francl27
    I bought Breakstones because I found 4%. We'll see!
    Eleted wrote: »
    I look at the ingredients before buying. Breakstone has too many additives. Daisy has only 3 ingredients. Taste is important but so is keeping it healthy.

I don't think that less than 2% of additives makes it 'unhealthy' but I'll look at Friendship ingredients again next time (I'm not buying Daisy again. Sorry!).
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    You are correct. It is less than 2% additives. Breakstone was always my favorite. I may go back!!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Friendship 4% is my favorite. The little Fit to Go cups are the perfect size, too.
  • kes840
    kes840 Posts: 66 Member
    I buy store the store brand 2%, don't know the name. I definitely prefer 4% but the 2% fat is good enough...fat-free cottage cheese is inedible, IMHO.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 478 Member
    1% or 2%
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Daisy here too. Ingredients are milk, cream, salt, and (in the 2%) vitamin A. The others carried at our local stores have a lot of unnecessary ingredients, in my opinion.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Besides cottage cheese with fruit; and besides plain with seasoning, what kinds of different ways/dishes do y'all have cottage cheese?
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Knudsen fat free is my go to! Pair with some fruit... Mmmmm
  • Francl27
    Besides cottage cheese with fruit; and besides plain with seasoning, what kinds of different ways/dishes do y'all have cottage cheese?

I made Kodiak pancakes with cottage cheese and strawberries as toppings yesterday. Very tasty!
  • Francl27
    Ok I tried Breakstone's... I think Friendship is still the winner. Might try store brand next...
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Daisy 2% fat. ...but apparently that's NOT your fave! Breakstone is definitely the worst!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    not a fan of salty daisy. i eat the fat free or 2% small curd.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm fine with store brand or any random cottage cheese brand...probably 2%.
    I don't usually eat it plain though.