What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I can now walk 6 miles without stopping at 4mph instead of 4 miles at 4mph. Going the extra 2 miles makes me feel accomplished for some reason.
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    leilbobeil wrote: »
    Shaving legs in the bath has suddenly become much easier - there's more room to swivel around, AND I don't get any hip pain when I'm twisting to do the back of my legs! I can also hold my leg up in the air for ages, and not feel like it's a torture exercise! Pilates is definitely good for lots of different things!

I find it's easier to shave, but I cut myself more...my ankles and knees are a bit bonier now

Right? I'm always cutting myself too!
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    skbrodie wrote: »
    I can now walk 6 miles without stopping at 4mph instead of 4 miles at 4mph. Going the extra 2 miles makes me feel accomplished for some reason.

That's a 50% increase...you should feel accomplished!
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've been asked to represent my store at this years WalMart shareholder's meeting. It's so excited. :)
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

5'3
    I think sizes have really changed over the years. Even in my twenties at 115 and below, I never wore a six. And of course it's how they are cut too. These are straight compared to others that are more fitted. I'm just happy to finally wear clothes that look better on me again!!
    [/quote]

That's true! But congratulations on your loss, that has to be a great feeling!
  • cheer4beer
    cheer4beer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Resting heart rate in the 50s
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Jogged 1/4 mile on a whim tonight when I was walking the dog. I have never been a runner and haven't even tried in several months (probably a year). She had energy to burn, I had stress to burn, and we just started jogging. Now I want to restart couch to 5k! I have asthma and didn't use my inhaler. 1/4 mile sounds silly but to me it represents so much!
  • AuntieKels
    AuntieKels Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I zipped up my jeans this morning without having to lie on the bed. Felt pretty good.
  • sturchiok89
    sturchiok89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I still have fat girl brain, I forget sometimes that I've lost 35 lbs. So when I went to a concert and picked out a T-shirt I wanted to get a large or extra large. They were always my go to because they were guaranteed to fit....usually. but I had to remember not to think like that and picked a medium. When I put it on there was room to spare. I didn't believe it, so I checked the tag TWICE to make sure I actually was given a medium. Well I guess I'm a medium, haha. I haven't purchased any new clothes yet so I have no clue my sizes. Trying to remind myself I'm not as large as I use to be is a constant battle. Ive always felt fat, even when I was younger and much smaller. It's hard to change those bad thoughts. Just glad I'm seeing progress!
  • graduateschooler
    graduateschooler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I fit into size 16 jeans. I weigh 256 and 5'3, so obviously a vanity size, but still!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Deadlifted my body weight! All I could think though was "dang I'm heavy!"
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I made a whole batch up cupcakes on Easter Sunday for the kids and didn't eat one. I did take a couple licks off my finger of the icing but that was it. That's the most recent NSV for me although I've had quite a few lately. :)
  • figandthistle
    figandthistle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My 309 lb self can finally do downward dog without collapsing!
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My BMI went from Obese to Overweight today (I realize the BMI is pretty much worthless but still felt good)
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I made a whole batch up cupcakes on Easter Sunday for the kids and didn't eat one. I did take a couple licks off my finger of the icing but that was it. That's the most recent NSV for me although I've had quite a few lately. :)

This makes me weepy with hope! cupcakes are my biggest weakness. I simply have no control. Perhaps someday I will. :smiley:

• MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    going down to pant size 38 waist with room to spare, could probably fit into a 36 if i tried. When I started i was wearing a 50, and was most recently in a 42 from around christmas.
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was able to do 30 pushups yesterday (REAL pushups) in 1 minute. I collapsed after, but still did it!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    4 mile weekday run now seems pretty easy, even with a (quick for me) 10:35 min/mile pace
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    My BMI went from Obese to Overweight today (I realize the BMI is pretty much worthless but still felt good)

I got this one a few days ago! GO US!!! B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!