What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    casawtelle wrote: »
    I can do 1 pull up! I weigh around 185 so I think that's pretty good. Now I'm working toward doing a couple in a row:)

That' s brilliant. It's one of my big goals and I'm 189lb so now I really can't just blame my weight all the time can I :smile: I'll get straight back in the gym and go to work on my assisted pull ups in the mean time I think!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Today I walked when I could have driven. I really enjoy walking on nice days! Such an easy way to burn. :smile:
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Eri0515 wrote: »
    I am wearing the same size dress as my wife, it's been over 10 years since that happened!
    That is so cool! One of my goals is to look better next to my boyfriend. :smiley:

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I don't look better, I'm just plain ugly.

Clothes, I have no sense of fashion, never will.

The air the past several weeks has been horrible. I have asthma. On a regular day I'd need 5 or 6 puffs of my albuterol inhaler. On days like the past few weeks, I'd probably be puffing every hour, although I know that is way more than prescribed or should be taken, I needed it.

My NSV: I have not taken one, NOT ONE puff, of my inhaler since at least Mid-July. Seriously, whereas I used to need 5 or 6 puffs a day on a normal day, I have gone over a month and a half though the WORST of days, and that feels great.

Keep your better fitting clothes, better looking body - as far as I'm concerned my NSV trumps all. ;)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

My NSV: I have not taken one, NOT ONE puff, of my inhaler since at least Mid-July. Seriously, whereas I used to need 5 or 6 puffs a day on a normal day, I have gone over a month and a half though the WORST of days, and that feels great.

Keep your better fitting clothes, better looking body - as far as I'm concerned my NSV trumps all. ;)

You're right: That's as good as it gets. Congratulations!
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Went down a shirt size and recently had to buy jeans TWO SIZES smaller. Also, I've gone from walking a 17-minute mile to doing a 2.75 mile on the elliptical in 30 minutes.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I tried my first Pilates class on Thursday- and didn't die!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Random NSV, but for the first time in months I couldn't handle the high impact Zumba class. Not because of stamina or coordination, nope! Because my smallest sports bra is no longer supportive enough of my shrinking chest. I've ordered 2 new ones of my favourite brand in the next back size down!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations all of you! Keep sharing your good news, it's so uplifting!
  • Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am now squatting my own body weight .. A few moths ago this was a dream so far away from my grasp now I can't believe I can do this! A few more weeks and I will be squatting more than my own body weight and it feels amazing!! :D
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I hit 3,000,000 steps on my fitbit today! I can't stop walking these days. 15 months ago I could barely walk 1/4 mi.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Samm471 wrote: »
    I am now squatting my own body weight .. A few moths ago this was a dream so far away from my grasp now I can't believe I can do this! A few more weeks and I will be squatting more than my own body weight and it feels amazing!! :D

Good going! That's awesome!
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am a diabetic. This morning, I gave my blood sample for HbA1C test. Surprisingly, my glycated hemoglobin was at 5.3%. And, this is considered 'normal'. Its time to visit my doc again! Yay! :smile:
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for clothes this summer for the first time in a long time and didn't have to go to the bigger sizes department.. I bought size L instead of XXL. My biggest nsv since I started this journey, it was a goal to be able to buy stylish clothes finally that I liked, not just buying whatever I found because it fit...
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    AdviDaddy wrote: »
    I am a diabetic. This morning, I gave my blood sample for HbA1C test. Surprisingly, my glycated hemoglobin was at 5.3%. And, this is considered 'normal'. Its time to visit my doc again! Yay! :smile:

These are my FAVORITE NSV's to read. Nice work!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everybody! I'm sitting here, like every morning, eating my Chobani and Fiber One, reading the NSV thread, and getting my inspiration for the day. :smiley:

I guess I must be more optimistic than I thought I was. I have saved pretty much ALL my clothes from when I was thinner. This morning, got a shirt out of the closet that I haven't been able to wear in about 8 years -it fits perfectly. Most of those clothes are in good condition, since I kept gaining weight and grew out of them before they got worn. It's nice to not have to go shopping for new clothes. :smile:
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    ^^Thank you :)
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Isn't that the best feeling? Hopefully you'll be taken off your meds now. I was taken off mine in June.

• AdviDaddy
    Options

Congratulations! Isn't that the best feeling? Hopefully you'll be taken off your meds now. I was taken off mine in June.

Thanks!
    Yes, indeed. Am very pleased with the report. Will see what my doc says. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!