Problems with MFP "recipe" create and save

Options
carolgrn
carolgrn Posts: 657 Member
Help!!!
I had started a recipe and saved to finish later. When I go back to finish it = = It Won'T SAVE.
I have tried this several times. Also have refreshed page - - every time I do that I have to enter all the information again. It allows the system to update the calories for viewing with the updates, but when it Won't Save it - I can not log it. The correct calories and nutrition macros are Not Correct. It must be Saved to get the correct information.
P.S. I Have Tried This Multiple Times over several hours and days.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    When you try to finish it, do you start by opening the recipe from your saved recipes, and then clicking edit recipe? I've tweaked a couple of recipes in the past few days (both on Christmas Eve, I think), and it worked fine.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i started using mfp APP to enter recipes not too long ago, it is so much more user friendly and you can tweak/edit recipes anytime without any issues (so far). the web version is just too buggy after initial recipe is made for me too, i had to redo recipes as new ones when i altered them, it got irritating to do so when all i wanted was to change measurements/amounts.
  • pkchicka
    pkchicka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Were you able to resolve this issue with your recipe? I'm having the exact same problem, and it's driving me crazy! I've tried refreshing the page, I've tried opening from saved recipes, and I've even tried logging out of MFP and then reopening the recipe from my saved recipes. Any help is appreciated!
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Try playing with the number of servings. I had a few that I intended to leave at 1 serving. It would not save them until I changed the number of servings.
  • carolgrn
    Options
    I finally recreated the entire recipe and deleted the original one. This time I made sure to get it all right.
  • AmandaCameron39
    AmandaCameron39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm sporadically having this problem too. Sometimes it saves the recipe correctly the first time. Sometimes I leave it open for a day and then it will save it. But re-entering recipes with 17+ ingredients multiple times is getting pretty old very fast.
  • carolgrn
    Options
    I'm sporadically having this problem too. Sometimes it saves the recipe correctly the first time. Sometimes I leave it open for a day and then it will save it. But re-entering recipes with 17+ ingredients multiple times is getting pretty old very fast.

I agree. This happens to me often
  • Shusaka
    Shusaka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm having the same issues, which are no better than years ago.
    And lol we shouldn't have to tweak the servings to make it save. They need to fix the program.
  • jlhepsley
    jlhepsley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Having same problem. New to MFP so I'm still learning.